Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In Desperate help. iphone 2.0.2 to 2.0 with pwnage? jailbroken and unlocked?

Default In Desperate help. iphone 2.0.2 to 2.0 with pwnage? jailbroken and unlocked?
    I need all the help i can get.

This is what i did wrong. My girlfriend asked me to update her iphone 2G which had 1.1.4 to 2.0

i was planning on using pwnage 2.0.1. and or 2.0.2

The thing is i installed iphone software 2.0.2 directly from itunes 7.7. and now it wouldnt let me get to my iphone its says i need to put and activate with at&t. What am i supposed to do.

Can someone give me step by step advise on how to get 2.0 unlocked and jailbroken with pwnage. although i have 2.0.2 installed.

thank you in advance

TB
    Last edited by tbadaoui; 2008-08-23 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlocking after upgrading to 2.0.2
    Download the original 2.0.2 firmware. Build the custom .ipsw file using the pwnage tool. Set the iPhone in DFU mode and restore from itunes (shift+restore) using the custom firmware. It should be unlocked.
    Please remember, in DFU mode your iPhone screen would be totally blank but iTunes would recognize your phone in restore mode.