Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2

Default Pwning from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2
    I have a 2.0.1 jailbroken iPhone. I want to update to 2.0.2 but I don't want to use QuickPwn (I'll wait for winpwn). When it's released to work with 2.0.2, should I update in iTunes and then make the custom firmware and restore/pwn, or should I just download the 2.0.2 firmware and run it through winpwn and then restore? What's the difference between the two methods?

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg923 View Post
    I have a 2.0.1 jailbroken iPhone. I want to update to 2.0.2 but I don't want to use QuickPwn (I'll wait for winpwn). When it's released to work with 2.0.2, should I update in iTunes and then make the custom firmware and restore/pwn, or should I just download the 2.0.2 firmware and run it through winpwn and then restore? What's the difference between the two methods?
    the difference is if you upgrade the firmware on your phone first, it will update the baseband which *could* make the phone un-unlockable in the future... if you do this through winpwn and just download it, it will not update the baseband but will give you the features of 2.0.2

Well when I had 2.0 I updated to 2.0.1 and then shortly after pwned 2.0.1. I don't really care for unlocking my phone. So basically, I could just ignore iTunes pleas for me to update to 2.0.2, download winpwn when it's availabl, make a custom 2.0.2 and restore using that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

does the upgrade to 2.0.1 jailbreak solve lags in the keyboard.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    does the upgrade to 2.0.1 jailbreak solve lags in the keyboard.
    2.0.1 does not update the keyboard lag however 2.0.2 does as well as improves reception.

......epic

Default apps
    I'm on 2.0.1 and jailbroken, if I use the new pwnage tool, and update to 2.0.2, will Winterboard, mxtube, etc...still be there on my iphone or will I have to reinstall all those programs/winterboard themes???

no you will have to reload it once its pwned

......epic

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

swinger360 (2008-08-26)

Default porting non appstore apps to 2.0.2
    Hi there guys,

I have quite a bit of software on my 3G phone (using pwned IPhone 2.01) including some that was fairly difficalt for me to get a hold of eg. vlc4iphone beta. also I have used most of this months data allowance.

So my question is.....is there any way that I can save the data on the phone and reinstall it after restoring to pwned IPhone 2.02?

or do I have to search it all out and download/install it again. if so then this better be a pretty decent update because that's a real pain in the ***. The only way that I could conceivably do it would be to take packed lunch to the nearest wifi point... (no I don't have wifi at home ) and spend the afternoon there searching it all out and installing it.

This is a really annoying 'feature' if it weren't for vlc4iphone and nintendo emulator, I would probably just go back to using standard phone soft. a lot of the apps that are on cydia are 'cool' but thats about it. i'm not really the sort of guy to replace my battery oindicator and things like that. (which seems to be the majority of apps on there. also not really a unix/linux power user and besides most of the term apps that i use, I use at home for better speed.

So if anyone knows a solution please let me know.

peace

I would ssh into your phone with cyberduck, and then copy the fles that your Roms are in to your computer. Then once you have upgraded, ssh back into your phone and add the roms back in the media folder.

......epic

i've been trying to add the swirlyspace source to installer 4 and i'm using 2.0.1 fw, but it didn't work, it says that it couldn't load the source.... so anyone can help here ??