Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing the boot logo

Thanks
    Default Changing the boot logo
    I have recently pwned my 1st gen phone using the Pwnage v.2 tool. Thanks guys, the guide (Pwnage 2.0 Guide - ModMyI - Wiki) was a great help. However, during the process there is a brief mention of the boot logo & customisation. How does one go about doing that? Do you have to run the tool every time you want to have fun with the boot logo? Or is there a way of replacing the logo file using finder?

Quote Originally Posted by nickjaza View Post
    I have recently pwned my 1st gen phone using the Pwnage v.2 tool. Thanks guys, the guide (Pwnage 2.0 Guide - ModMyI - Wiki) was a great help. However, during the process there is a brief mention of the boot logo & customisation. How does one go about doing that? Do you have to run the tool every time you want to have fun with the boot logo? Or is there a way of replacing the logo file using finder?
    You can make your own boot logo and recovery logo with Gimp and then replace the .png in quickpwn and re-run quickpwn for them to work.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

Thanks
    Sorry, I'm a real rookie - still trying to get up on one wheel! What's Gimp? And I used the pwnage tool with my iMac to pwn the phone, not quickpwn. So what now?

Quote Originally Posted by nickjaza View Post
    Sorry, I'm a real rookie - still trying to get up on one wheel! What's Gimp? And I used the pwnage tool with my iMac to pwn the phone, not quickpwn. So what now?
    Welcome to MMI...Gimp is an image editor, kind of like a free version of Photoshop. So you can use Gimp to make your own boot logo. I made my logos in Photoshop. If you have a Mac like I do, you have to re-pwn in Expert Mode to get the boot logos to show up. You can't just replace them in Finder, as I believe they're embedded somewhere deep in the booting process.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cphillips1009 For This Useful Post:

nickjaza (2008-08-28)

Thanks
    Default Changing boot logo
    Thanks for the tips.
    OK, so I create or download some logos. Will I get a chance to save one of them to the phone during the pwnage process? I was so nervous when I did my first pwning, I didn't take note of the boot logo instructions! (I've only been at it for a month, or so!)

Thanks

not sure if you found what your looking for on here but try logome i believe its in cydia you can changge you boot logo w/o using any method of pwning and it only takes like 5 min or so its pretty cool

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ecd5000 For This Useful Post:

lingoin (2008-12-31)