Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: n00b questions after successful 2G quickpwn 2.0.1

Default n00b questions after successful 2G quickpwn 2.0.1
    I just picked up a 2G iphone with 2.0.1 installed and reset to factory defaults. quickpwn worked as expected. I then discovered that the previous owner (a friend of mine) left his old sim in the phone. I removed it and put my sim in the phone (I have AT&T).

At this point SMS and dialing out do not work. Do I need to re-quickpwn with my sim in the phone?

Also, regarding the apps store, is there any reason I should *not* create an itunes account and download apps there (just being a bit paranoid I guess)?

Quote Originally Posted by mayostard View Post
    I just picked up a 2G iphone with 2.0.1 installed and reset to factory defaults. quickpwn worked as expected. I then discovered that the previous owner (a friend of mine) left his old sim in the phone. I removed it and put my sim in the phone (I have AT&T).

At this point SMS and dialing out do not work. Do I need to re-quickpwn with my sim in the phone?

Also, regarding the apps store, is there any reason I should *not* create an itunes account and download apps there (just being a bit paranoid I guess)?

1. The phone should be unlocked after quickpwn so i am not sure about your simcard problem, but since it does not take that long it is worth re-doing with your sim in and see if that fixes it.

2. i am using t-mobile and i have an itunes account and have purchased apps, but after hearing about the kill switch i guess its plausible that apple could do something, but i doubt it very much and i am not worried about it.