Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0.1 .ipsw correpted download...

Default 2.0.1 .ipsw correpted download...
    I have tried to download the 2.0.1 .ipsw from here, thru apple and thru iTunes and all i get is corrupted data... it won't finish downloading properly, it'll speed up at above 60% and say that it's finished... can somebody plz provide me with rapidshare links or some other way of downloading it whole and proper??? I need the "Phone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw" file... my iPhone is currently bricked... need it ASAP...

EDIT: sorry for the spell mistake in title...:/

Thanks

Can't you get it through iTunes?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

CyberMind (2008-08-18)

i did try thru iTunes but when it went up to around 70%, it instantly said that the download was done and the result file was less in size than what it should have been... also iTunes gave me an error... (I forgot what the error said...) I'm trying again with iTunes but this is the 2nd time i tried with iTunes and around the 5th time i tried to download the file from other sources...

I have succesfully downloaded the firmware thru iTunes but now i get a 1601 error when restoring the iPhone... I want to restore it to 2.0.1 to try the "quick pwner" method... And i get a 1601 error...? what should i do???

UPDATE: i managed to put the 2.0.1 on my iPhone by restoring it and downloading the firmware via iTunes... But now i need the actual .ipsw file... where should i get it from? the "download" section on iTunes is gone... I already downloaded it and restored it on my iPhone...
    Last edited by CyberMind; 2008-08-18 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost