Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke My Iphone 3g but now no service signals

Default Jailbroke My Iphone 3g but now no service signals
    I recently jailbroke my 3g iphone using Win pwnage 2.0.0.4 everything was successful but now I am not able to recieve or dial out any calls Issue is NO SERVICe.. My sim card still works in others phones ..ANY ADVICe??
    I used the exact tutorial steps all was successful excpet now now signal ... ?!?!?!?

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your 2.0 3G iPhone (Windows) [Updated]

I got the same problem dude, I did it over 20 times, and I get the **** done, but no service.
    I gave up

As i know if you jailbroke your iphone doesn't mean you Unlocked it. Jailbreak means you can use ipod, wifi, and some other app. but no phone (sending and receiving).

i am on a 3 year with rogers is it still ok to unlock and if so how do i do that by just chciking the box that says activate phone step 9 in the tutorial from my previous post

well have tryed both way both with the "activate phone" bo checked and unchecked. so im goin to say that version 2.0.0.4 is only affective to jailbrake the iphone, and render it unuseable as a phone. if ne one out there knows how to do this PLZ share your information. thank you for your time. wilson
    Last edited by T_Mac_Daddy_69; 2008-08-18 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if you have not fixed this yet, here is a way i did my friends. download the hacked ispw file for 2.0.1 put your phone into dfu and restore rather then runninng winpwn just download the file

and where is that file at?

I have been following this post from the beginning. I am having the same problem. I had 2.0 and created my customized 2.0.1 and did a restore with itunes but i don't get signal with att. please help.
    Thank you.

posted this for a buddy he said he read a blog that the div team put out and followed the steps and it worked perfect. ill get him to shoot me the link next time i see him on msn. to all those with the same problem the end is in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander_lopez View Post
    I have been following this post from the beginning. I am having the same problem. I had 2.0 and created my customized 2.0.1 and did a restore with itunes but i don't get signal with att. please help.
    Thank you.
    It sounds like you have the problem that has been answered at least 20 times before. Read all the other posts about loss of signal before you open up a new thread. !!!!!

Very well.
    • First off the 3G iPhone can only be jailbroken not unlocked so I suppose you have legit SIM cards
    • When you create the custom ipsw for legit phones you ave to uncheck Activate phone. That should ONLY be checked on a 2G phone and ONLY when you really are going to unlock for a SIM that is not legit
    • When runing winpwn you should also uncheck Youtube fix when you are running a legit SIM card. Same as above

Now ou should have an ipsw file tht you can restore and you will get signal

Switch off your Iphone and take your Sim card out from the iPhone. now take other normal Cell phone insert your SIM and make a call, then Insert that Sim card to your iPhone and Start your iphone, magically it will works. if you still face the same problem then your network not support 3G services check 3G option in Setting --> General --> off 3G service and restart your iPhone this will work.

-Shekhani
    Shekhani e-world

lol this may sound stupid but i've been having no service for 8-9 hours straight each day, sometime it'll come back and sometimes it won't....

info:
    iphone 3g 16g jailbroken with redsn0w and unlock with ultrasn0w
    version 3.1.3(7E18)
    carrier 5.1 (downgraded from 7.0)
    modem firmware 05.13.04 (can't downgrade lol stuck at this from iOS4)

FIX:
    WARNING: if you don't do it right the screen can crack 0_0 google how to take apart.

i kept trying every possible soft fix on the internet and realized something.....i dropped my phone a couple of times...can the antenna be loose? so i opened up the phone by taking the sim card out then unscrewing the two screws. using a plastic opening tool i then open the screen from the main body. and to my surprise the number "4" cable was not all the way in, so i took it out and re-secured it....turned it back on and now i have full bars. thats how i've been able to fix....try everything else before trying this because it is a lot more tricky.

Okay my phone has lost service completely, I still have wifi but can't find signal. My phone is jailbroken and for tmobile and I've never had any problems like this until a day ago, can someone please help?