Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g OS slow after Jailbreak

Default Iphone 3g OS slow after Jailbreak
    My iphone is running slower than normal after i jailbreak it. I have the latest (2.0.1) firmware on it and i used pwnagetool 2.0.2 to do the jailbreak. When i compare it to an 1st gen iphone running the same firmware but is not jailbroken, the older one opens applications and runs almost twice as fast. Does anyone know what causes this and if there is a way to get it running faster? Or am I going to have to just live with it until another update is released or something? If anyone knows anything you would be amazing. Thanks!

It seems the OS doesnt get really slow until after i install openssh...anyone experiencing this or have any idea what causes it?
    Last edited by mattbook1911; 2008-08-16 at 06:46 AM.

I have a 2g 2.0.1 pwned and I feel like mine is slower now fir some reason. I wonder if
    it has to do with any of that chomium nonsense. Doubtfull though. My apps
    load much slower than my
    friends stock 3g. Sometimes
    it takes forever to load the
    settings. Also alot of freezing latley. What's the deal....
    Last edited by zivlan; 2008-08-17 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by zivlan View Post
    I have a 2g 2.0.1 pwned and I feel like mine is slower now fir some reason. I wonder if
    it has to do with any of that chomium nonsense. Doubtfull though. My apps
    load much slower than my
    friends stock 3g. Sometimes
    it takes forever to load the
    settings. Also alot of freezing latley. What's the deal....
    I've also noticed my 2g 2.0.1 pwned fone is very slow opening apps and stuff... its been like this since i upgraded from 1.1.4 and i don't have the chromium stuff...
    Last edited by imovaherenow; 2008-08-17 at 05:28 AM. Reason: forgot to say something...

I just restored mine and starting over. A couple of things to be careful of when you are modding the latest phone / firmware right now.

Most important!!!!!
    Winterboard is not meant to work with customize!!!!! Although it will work in some aspects you will not have full functionality of customize with winterboard. This is not the case with summerboard but that app is not available yet for the update.

Chromium - Seems to cause errors in the core apps of the phone like phone app and sms apps. I lost my keyboard due to chromium, and my phone app was stuck in a reset any time I used it. Removed chromium, reboot the phone using winterboard chocomilk theme and everything worked fine.

KATE
    This thing seems to install many different apps, I could be wrong but I have been paying very close attention to what is going on with my phone. I wouldn't install this just yet, it doesn't seem to be ported well yet.

Callme
    Available in the install program, do not install this app. If you do and you play around with it then you'll end up needing poof to get rid of all the blank contact icons strewn about your springboard.

Thats all so far, some of the issues above probably aren't causing a slow down but they certainly aren't fun to deal with.

Anyone know if 2.0.2 solves this issue. I also have it on my 3G iphone with 2.0.1. As for the last post, I have winterboard on ONLY, no callme, Kate, or chromium installed. I'm not happy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i think 2.1 is coming out in a few weeks

hopefully that will do the trick. I am contemplating just starting from scratch again and doing a complete restore but I'd prefer not to.

Default I thought I was alone..!
    Hey guys,

Just got my iPhone 3G and decided to jailbreak it after a little online reasearch.

Sadly though, mine has slowed quite a bit and I keep getting lots of crashes when using apps.

Looks like I'm going to be forced to restore my firmware.

Hope the 'Team' sorts out the problem with the next release.

Vin.