Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn Closing With No Error

Default WinPwn Closing With No Error
    Trying to upgrade me 2.0 firmware to 2.0.1. When Winpwn 2.0.4 is building the file, it sits awhile at adding cydia.tar and then closes. No error, nothing. Just WinPwn closed like nothing ever happened. Does this on an XP and Vista machine. This is a 2G phone.

Anyone know a fix for this? I need to make sure Cydia is present on the phone. Don't want to uncheck it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regrossman View Post
    Trying to upgrade me 2.0 firmware to 2.0.1. When Winpwn 2.0.4 is building the file, it sits awhile at adding cydia.tar and then closes. No error, nothing. Just WinPwn closed like nothing ever happened. Does this on an XP and Vista machine. This is a 2G phone.

Anyone know a fix for this? I need to make sure Cydia is present on the phone. Don't want to uncheck it.

if you have any previous versions of winpwn installed you will have to uninstall those before you install the newest version. The same thing happened to me and that fixed it. Also, you can just upload the restore ipsw file to winpwn and then search for the custom ipsw file (don't hit "build ipsw") when winpwn identifies the regular ipsw you can just click the ipwner button and then it should tell you your itunes has been pwned then you should be able to just do the shift+restore and it should work. that also worked for me as well.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

I always uninstalled previous versions. Does anyone have a custom firmware built I can download? 2G, Activated, Unlocked?

I'm making progress. Had to unselect Installer to get through.

So far everything appears to be great. I just restored all my files and all is well. I did not enter DFU mode. I just did shift + restore and grabbed my custom firmware. Worked great.
    Last edited by regrossman; 2008-08-15 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost