Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Dialer not working!!

  1. #1
    Default Dialer not working!!
    I just WinPwned my 2.0.1 3G phone two days ago, and just tried using my dialer (Phone icon on home screen) and it opens and freezes on the dialer screen for two seconds, and then closes. Do I have to re-pwn it? That would seem kind of lame to me.. Any help would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Dialer not working....
    I didn't use windows to pwn my phone, however I had the same problem. For me I uninstalled Kate (application under installer), and it has fixed the problem, actually the phone seems to be running faster and smoother! Hope this helps!

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MC1233 For This Useful Post:

    bookem15 (2008-09-23), jojithedevil (2008-09-08), nickmuni (2008-09-03), Onemajorflaw (2008-08-16), tomntracy03 (2008-09-04)

  4. #3
    yes Kate is the culprit
    Last edited by Dakotafan; 2008-08-16 at 12:23 AM.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dakotafan For This Useful Post:

    Onemajorflaw (2008-08-16), tomntracy03 (2008-09-04)

  6. #4
    Thanks guys, that was the problem!

  7. #5
    Unhappy ok....what if "kate" isnt the problem???
    HELP!???

    I removed kate to fix this problem also after an install of "wood" dialer.....its doing the same.

    Upon replacement of the Mobilephone.app folder from a native 2.0.1, still no soap...

    Anyone else have any luck??


    THANX Leo

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to naphman For This Useful Post:

    tomntracy03 (2008-09-04)

  9. #6
    I am having this problem now too. phone worked fine all day I did not install anything different and now my phone is messed up. I uninstalled Kate and still same problem I didnt install any different dialers or anything anyone have any ideas?

  10. #7
    Red face In the end....a restore is all thats the best to do!
    So...the best that I did was a wipe restore.....I wont play with things for a while now I think......maybe......snigger!

    Good luck all!!


    Quote Originally Posted by naphman View Post
    HELP!???

    I removed kate to fix this problem also after an install of "wood" dialer.....its doing the same.

    Upon replacement of the Mobilephone.app folder from a native 2.0.1, still no soap...

    Anyone else have any luck??


    THANX Leo

  11. #8
    removing kate worked for me

  12. #9
    Kate Beta is the problem

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to nickmuni For This Useful Post:

    tomntracy03 (2008-09-04)

  14. #10
    I removed Kate and that fixed it. Thanks for the Help!!!

  15. #11
    Yeah..had the same problem, removed kate now working correctly again.

    Thanks all

  16. #12
    Yeah... actually i too had the same problem, just removed kate and now i am happy that my iphone is working fine again....
    Thanks to all

  17. #13
    Kate was the problem here too, it's inside Installer by the way

  18. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    yep removing kate worked for me thanks everyone

  19. #15
    it wont let me remove kate

    i keep trying to uninstall it it goes to task then it doesnt do it
    Last edited by lynch2384; 2008-09-24 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #16
    Removed kate and fixed it for me.

  21. #17
    tried uninstalling Kate but it hasn't solved the problem.

    anyone have any ideas?

  22. #18
    I am having the same problem. Iphone 3g 2.2. I have tried unistalling Kate and that did not work. I have even tried reinstalling then uninstalling again; nothing. anyone have any other ideas?

    Update: I deleted Mobile Substrate and everything appears to be working again.




    **Updated for typos**
    Last edited by GodnataS; 2008-12-06 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  23. #19
    I lost my dialer and after removing and installing apps found out that it was the mobile enhancer that was killing my dial pad. Running 3G with 2.2 firmware.

  24. #20
    For those of you where just removing Kate isn't working, here is the complete checklist of what you gotta do to make your Phone app work again:

    1. Disable ALL options in Kate
    2. Go to installer and Uninstall Kate
    3. Go to installer and Uninstall Mobile Enhancer
    4. Go to installer and Uninstall Rip Dev Pref
    5. Reboot iPhone

    ...Bingo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •