Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pawned my iphone 3g no i cannot call with it :(

Default pawned my iphone 3g no i cannot call with it :(
    Hey !

I just pawned my iphone 3g firmware 2.0.1 with pwnage tool 2.0.2.

and i lost my connection to Telia wich is a swedish serviceprovider.

so now i canīt call or recieve calls on my iphone..

Can anyone please help me ?

Best regards

Happydeejay

Angry lost service provider after pawned
    hi im having the same problem, im also using a 3g iphone on optus, and australian provider, and i noticed that after i pawned it with winpwn, the carrier option in the settings menu was gone and no longer able to make or recieve calls.

havent worked out how to fix yet other than reverting back to unjailbroken firmware.

Thanks

You need to untick the 'activate iphone' box in pwnage tool if you're on a legitimate iphone carrier.

How much did the pawn shop give you for it? Curious because I need some extra cash.

Default i used winpwn 2.0.0.4 and my visual voicemail dont work why?
    i cant make phonecalls but can receive it and i cant set up voicemail because when i tap on it it doenst acknowledge it. All this happened after i jailbroke the firmware can anyone help please

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

As stated above... you need to create a new firmware file and make sure you uncheck the boxes for activation (and YouTube) and let iTunes activate the phone. This should fix your service issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    As stated above... you need to create a new firmware file and make sure you uncheck the boxes for activation (and YouTube) and let iTunes activate the phone. This should fix your service issue.
    Hey does this work for a iphone 2g, i live in canada and i have rogers as a carrier, i want to make sure so i don't loose all my apps and stuff.

pawned...teh funny.

GURVIR44, with a 2G iphone, you need to leave it activated. Your apps will be gone but once its been pwned, you can restore from backup. This will put all of your apps back on your phone

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0486 View Post
    How much did the pawn shop give you for it? Curious because I need some extra cash.
    Dang, ya beat me to it!

Oh well, guess happydeejay NOW knows the difference between pwning and pawning. We all make mistakes so I vote that we let him live.

@happydeejay - read carefully what the others are telling you. I am also in Sweden on Telia. If you do not uncheck the box for activation, the the Pwnage prog will do it for you but not give you Telia access. Uncheck the box and activate via iTunes once you have Pwned and restarted your iPhone and all we be fine.