Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn 2.0.04 really failure

Default Winpwn 2.0.04 really failure
    Well at this point im really pissed off. Ive recently downloaded the new winpwn 2.0.0.4 to pwn my 1.1.4 jailbroken/unlocked 1st gen Iphone (Which was jailbroken using iliberty+) to 2.0.1 firmware. Well i have followed everystep correctly and i still cant seem to install the firmware because of an error 6.

Here is what I do
    1. Start winpwn and browse the 2.0.1 file
    2. Create firmware
    3. Pwn itunes
    4. go to dfu mode ( Something weird here: when i start to restore in dfu mode all goes perfect until it hits into iboot for some reason.)
    5. I get to the Iphone is setting up software or somthing and then i get the unknown error 6.

Can someone please help me becasue ive been doing this for a week already and gotten no help from anyone.

Having the same problem...

No one ever responds either -.-

mayb someone out there can help me?

Same Prob Here To Sick Of Seeing Error 6

you have no ideal how long ive been seeing the error 6. im almost get white hair bcuz of it

which method did you all use? I used the sleepers.net tutorial and I used winpwn 2.0.0.4 to jailbreak and upgrade my 1.1.3 to 2.0.1.

Maybe there was something that u weren't suppose to check? Try out that guide and let me know

Here is what I did to make it work.
    May work, may not.

I just happened to make a login for my brother and did it on a clean profile with new itunes.(new as in when you create a profile it make a new session) Installer,cydia, youtube fix and 512mb root.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a1r View Post
    Well at this point im really pissed off. Ive recently downloaded the new winpwn 2.0.0.4 to pwn my 1.1.4 jailbroken/unlocked 1st gen Iphone (Which was jailbroken using iliberty+) to 2.0.1 firmware. Well i have followed everystep correctly and i still cant seem to install the firmware because of an error 6.

Here is what I do
    1. Start winpwn and browse the 2.0.1 file
    2. Create firmware
    3. Pwn itunes
    4. go to dfu mode ( Something weird here: when i start to restore in dfu mode all goes perfect until it hits into iboot for some reason.)
    5. I get to the Iphone is setting up software or somthing and then i get the unknown error 6.

Can someone please help me becasue ive been doing this for a week already and gotten no help from anyone.
    I'm assuming you are on iTunes 7.7.1. If you are, uninstall it and restart your PC. Before you restart tho, make sure you have no other version (earlier) of WinPwn installed. If you do, unistall all versions (including 2.0.0.4) and restart the PC. Re-install iTunes 7.5 and WinPwn 2.0.0.4. Restore your iPhone with a fresh 1.1.4 FW.

You should get error 1015, reinstall iTunes 7.7.1 and upgrade to 2.0.1, run WinPwn, and you should be good to go...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-13 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Spelling...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

man it just comes to the point that im just so lazy to do it. Everytime the custom firmware would corrupt my iphone so i would have to restore and do it all over. and when i need to use my phone i would have to back up everything. Man this is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
    I'm assuming you are on iTunes 7.7.1. If you are, uninstall it and restart your PC. Before you restart tho, make sure you have no other version (earlier) of WinPwn installed. If you do, unistall all versions (including 2.0.0.4) and restart the PC. Reinstall iTunes 7.5 and WinPwn 2.0.0.4. Restore your iPhone with a frexh 1.1.4 FW.

You should get error 1015, reinstall iTunes 7.7.1 and upgrade to 2.0.1 and then run WinPwn, you should be good to go...
    so your saying i should install a official 2.01? then pwn it with a custom 2.01? what if it fails and i need to go back to 1.1.4 to activate it again?
    Last edited by a1r; 2008-08-13 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

so your saying i should use itunes 7.5? but the tutorials all tell me to use the latest 7.7
    The possibility of having any software installed on you iPhone being corrupted is a high probability. I recommend doing a fresh install of everything to eliminate that problem. It may be overkill but it works.

Your other option is to stay at iTunes 7.7.1 and just upgrade to the newest FW of 2.0.1.

Then run WinPwn...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.

Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
    The possibility of having any software installed on you iPhone being corrupted is a high probability. I recommend doing a fresh install of everything to eliminate that problem. It may be overkill but it works.

Your other option is to stay at iTunes 7.7.1 and just upgrade to the newest FW of 2.0.1.

Then run WinPwn...
    What if i cant pwn 2.0.1? while im in 2.0.1 could i restore back to 1.1.4 in recovery mode?

Thanks

What if i cant pwn 2.0.1? while im in 2.0.1 could i restore back to 1.1.4 in recovery mode?
    That is correct. The procedure to downgrade is the same from 2.0 to 1.1.4.

2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review

I was having an error 6 problem, however it was only because I was having difficulty getting in to DFU mode. I kept trying to use restore mode accidentally. Once i was in DFU mode properly (Black Screen, but iTunes recognises it) then it went ahead without any trouble.

okay lets confirm one more time

1.Uninstall itunes 7.7 and winpwn 2.0.04
    2. Install itunes 7.5 and winpwn 2.0.0.4 again
    3. Restore to official 1.1.4 Firmware in recovery mode
    4. uninstall 7.5? and install7.7 or just install 7.7 straight thru 7.5
    5. upgrade to official 2.01 firmware
    6. Run winpwn and make a custom 2.0.1 firmware
    7. Send iphone into dfu mode and restore with custom

is that correct? oh any another thing i forgot to mention is that while i am in dfu mode during the restore with the custom firmware my iphone would jump to iboot and then thats when it all goes wrong.

I had the same issues, and what actually and trully works is having the latest itunes. Try to restore with OEM firmware and then you can go to the custom firmware.
    I retrospect DFU didnt work for me it actually worked in regular restore mode. After you get the official firmware working you can then put in DFU mode and the custome firmware should work.
    Mono_frio

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanielM_86 View Post
    I was having an error 6 problem, however it was only because I was having difficulty getting in to DFU mode. I kept trying to use restore mode accidentally. Once i was in DFU mode properly (Black Screen, but iTunes recognises it) then it went ahead without any trouble.
    It is a common mistake, hopefully it isn't the case here...
    okay lets confirm one more time

1.Uninstall itunes 7.7 and winpwn 2.0.04
    2. Install itunes 7.5 and winpwn 2.0.0.4 again
    3. Restore to official 1.1.4 Firmware in recovery mode
    4. uninstall 7.5? and install7.7 or just install 7.7 straight thru 7.5
    5. upgrade to official 2.01 firmware
    6. Run winpwn and make a custom 2.0.1 firmware
    7. Send iphone into dfu mode and restore with custom

is that correct?
    For #4, just upgrade to 7.7.1. You are correct, it is a much easier process.

Everything else is good to go...Good Luck Bro.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-13 at 05:07 AM.

also can you give me any insight on the iboot problem when im in dfu mode

Thanks

also can you give me any insight on the iboot problem when im in dfu mode
    Does it just hang when scrolling?

iBoot issues command lines, like SSH but not manually inputed by a user. (us) If it hangs, it is unable to connect / communicate with the iPhone...

okay this is what happens, i would go into dfu mode and click restore, while its restoring I would hear the sound as if the USB have disconnected but then i would hear it connect again and I would see that the computer have recognized new USB device iBoot. When it gets to the process "iphone preparing software and it would just keep loading and finally it would just crash and give me the error 6

Also I've just gotten email that error 6 is the result of the .ipsw firmware not compiling correctly. Bcuz it cannot find boot screen image that's why the reason it crashes. He also told I should not install iTunes 7.5 but instead just keep trying to pwn with a good boot image ( I made my own boot and recovery image which is infact the same stock apple boot logos; due to he fact that I don't know how keep the orginal boot logos when using winpwn. So now I'm so so confused

Thanks

okay this is what happens, i would go into dfu mode and click restore, while its restoring I would hear the sound as if the USB have disconnected but then i would hear it connect again and I would see that the computer have recognized new USB device iBoot.
    That is normal, iTunes 7.7.1 is just installing your 2g drivers.
    When it gets to the process "iphone preparing software and it would just keep loading and finally it would just crash and give me the error 6
    Are you sure that your in DFU mode?
    Also I've just gotten email that error 6 is the result of the .ipsw firmware not compiling correctly. Bcuz it cannot find boot screen image that's why the reason it crashes. He also told I should not install iTunes 7.5 but instead just keep trying to pwn with a good boot image ( I made my own boot and recovery image which is infact the same stock apple boot logos; due to he fact that I don't know how keep the orginal boot logos when using winpwn. So now I'm so so confused
    If your going to install 2.0 and above FW, I agree about not using iTunes 7.5. As far as custom boot images causing a crash, not 100% sure on that. Even with poor quality boot images, if it is the right size and type (.png file) it would still load up.

Just for kicks, I upgraded my iTunes back to 7.7.1, upgraded my back up iPhone (non-iPhone at&t family $9.99 plan) to 2.0.1 FW without any SIM installed. I built a custom 2.0.1 IPSW and pwned iTunes. Put my iPhone in DFU mode and restored using the IPSW FW and encountered no problems.

I wonder if it has something to do with the B/L version. It seems that folks with 4.6 B/L iPhones are having problems...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-13 at 07:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast