Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have I got this right?

Default Have I got this right?
    Hi,

I have an iPhone 3G running the 2.0.1 firmware which was installed through iTunes (I had to install it as I was having problems with my phone which are now resolved).

Anyway, I would like to Jailbreak it but I have read lots of comments ("My WiFi doesn't work, I can't make calls, iPhone crashes and of course ****, ****, IT'S BRICKED! WHAT DO I DO!?!). These don't inspire much confidence.

What real risks do I run from installing using Pwnage (on Mac OS X Leopard) using the latest iTunes to my 2.0.1 firmware, French iPhone? Can I easily restore it all if it all goes wrong?

I know this may seem a bit elementary to most of you, which is probably good for me, but I read through the install instructions and I'm still not totally clear. Anyway, thanks very much for your help.

Cheers.

If you do it RIGHT, you'll be ok.

Good - I don't doubt that.

Can anyone else provide a more helpful answer?

just search for the download of the firmware you have download it, download pwnge and follow instructions, other than that i am not sure what ur problem is.
    if this post help click the thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to morphiusrt For This Useful Post:

rubadubstep (2008-08-14)

Oh thanks. It's not clear whether you're supposed to download the firmware you have or the firmware you want. Though looking back those would be the same for me.

Thanks.