Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Maps Current Location Not Working Properly After 2.0.2 Update

iPhone? More like MyPhone JP101's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Maps Current Location Not Working Properly After 2.0.2 Update
    So after the 2.0.2 update with pwnage, the current location doesn't always work. Anybody else having this problem and/or know how to fix it?

I noticed it too! no idea how to fix.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Me three! (By the way, I'm guessing you're talking about 2.0.1 correct?)

Oh, and usually a full reboot will fix the issue for a while, but it is recurrent.

Thanks

Well, yeah, it's iPhone software 2.0.1 but pwnage 2.0.2

Ahhhh... I see. Well I used winpwn 2.0.0.4; maybe it's an issue with the original firmware? Can anyone with an un-jailbroken phone confirm/deny?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a non-jailbroken iPhone 3G on 2.0.1. The current Location works better I'd say. It responds much faster now.

I think as long as the phone gets a clear GPS signal, even if the current location is messing up, it will automatically correct itself.

Try jailbreaking again after a restore and setup as a new phone. Maybe that will take care of it.

You can try this:

Replace the corelocation.framework folder with a 2.0 one and everything works ok, now. Here you have the file. Do it at your own risk, but is working for me.
    You can find that folder here: \System\Library\Frameworks , SSH into your phone and replace it. Give permisions to 0755 recursively.

Link:
    http://rapid$hare.com/files/136626240/CoreLocation.framework.zip.html

Replace $ with an s

Good Luck.

But others are saying this:

"it was a problem with Skyhooks servers - Apple's partner in providing location data for Wi-Fi. They fixed it. I would not recommend using system files from an older os on a recent btw."

Ive done the change and everything is working fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eufra View Post
    You can try this:

Replace the corelocation.framework folder with a 2.0 one and everything works ok, now. Here you have the file. Do it at your own risk, but is working for me.
    You can find that folder here: SystemLibraryFrameworks , SSH into your phone and replace it. Give permisions to 0755 recursively.

Link:
    http://rapid.com/files/136626240/Cor...ework.zip.html

Replace $ with an s

Good Luck.

But others are saying this:

"it was a problem with Skyhooks servers - Apple's partner in providing location data for Wi-Fi. They fixed it. I would not recommend using system files from an older os on a recent btw."

Ive done the change and everything is working fine.
    Has anyone tried this and confirm it works? I have had issues since the upgrade to 2.0.1 and my locate me works but does not pinpoint me like it use to. 1st gen TMO pwned

Thanks

I always see people talking about messing with the system files. I have no clue what this is. I hate asking noob questions, but hey...how do you learn something if you don't ask. How exactly would I go about doing that?

Well, I'm glad you asked.

The iPhone, like any computer, uses a system of files and directories to operate its hardware and its software components. The iPhone uses a modified Unix core and is therefore (after jailbreaking) accessible by many of the same means. The most common and user freindly way is through Secure Shell (SSH). How to here.

Once in, you can explore and view files and folders that the iPhone uses to communicate and display info. You might want to read a few how-to's and get comfortable with the system structure before you begin making modifications. But you gotta start somewhere!

Thanks

I have no idea how to do that lol. And I'm a little too nervous to even try. Any word if there is going to be a tweak to fix it?