Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn 2.0.0.4 problem

Default Winpwn 2.0.0.4 problem
    I was using BigBoss's guide to (Win)pwn my iPhone 3G. I did the steps and went into DFU mode, restored with custom firmware and got an error (1602). I retraced my steps, and saw I missed a step (I must have scrolled over it or something). The step was clicking iPwner and choosing the custom firmware to pwn iTunes. So I opened Winpwn again, and with my phone connected via usb, I clicked iPwner and selected that firmware and it said iTunes pwned. So I open iTunes, shift-restore with the custom firmware and I get a 1604 error. What should I do?

I can't get my phone out of DFU mode. Everytime I open iTunes with my phone connected it says it's in DFU mode and I should restore. Should I restart my PC, connect my iPhone and do the Winpwn steps again from the beginning? Please help!

Edit: Alright, I did a hard reboot and it works now. I guess I'm going to restart my PC and trying the pwnage process from the beginning.
    Last edited by bdawg923; 2008-08-11 at 11:15 PM. Reason: solved

Ok i jailbroke my 3G on the first try with winpwn 2.0.0.4. i followed the bigboss tutorial aswell,this is what i did different then the time i tried about a week ago and got the error from itunes.
    when i clicked on IPSW Builder and clicked on the propper firmware. the IPSW builder window poppep up.
    on APPLICATIONS i checked Cydia, and Installer 2.0. on CUSTOM IMAGES you check what you want. on CUSTOM PAYLOAD i left it unchecked and did nothing to that.
    on ADVANCED i unchecked Activate Phone and left everything Unchecked (if you are activated with AT&T then you have to leave everything unchecked)
    now on PARTITION RESIZER i set it to 550MB..
    then i clicked on Build .ipsw--
    after it finished building it i clicked on iPwner and iTunes shut off then you get a message saying pwn successful.. or something like that. then i Set my phone on DFU mode.
    pressed Shift+Restore and clicked on the propper CUSTOM FIRMWARE that i just made.
    and i let iTunes do its thing.
    came back about 20 minutes and BAMN!!!!!!!! 3G pwned.

Hope this helps. and good luck!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to norcal415 For This Useful Post:

s4mb4 (2008-08-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

ahhhhh, thanks. this is very good info. I could never get the advance tab to do anything and i always assumed winpwn was messed up. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal415 View Post
    Ok i jailbroke my 3G on the first try with winpwn 2.0.0.4. i followed the bigboss tutorial aswell,this is what i did different then the time i tried about a week ago and got the error from itunes.
    when i clicked on IPSW Builder and clicked on the propper firmware. the IPSW builder window poppep up.
    on APPLICATIONS i checked Cydia, and Installer 2.0. on CUSTOM IMAGES you check what you want. on CUSTOM PAYLOAD i left it unchecked and did nothing to that.
    on ADVANCED i unchecked Activate Phone and left everything Unchecked (if you are activated with AT&T then you have to leave everything unchecked)
    now on PARTITION RESIZER i set it to 550MB..
    then i clicked on Build .ipsw--
    after it finished building it i clicked on iPwner and iTunes shut off then you get a message saying pwn successful.. or something like that. then i Set my phone on DFU mode.
    pressed Shift+Restore and clicked on the propper CUSTOM FIRMWARE that i just made.
    and i let iTunes do its thing.
    came back about 20 minutes and BAMN!!!!!!!! 3G pwned.

Hope this helps. and good luck!!