Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: major help! Iphone stuck in a loop

Default major help! Iphone stuck in a loop
    So, for some wierd reason my iphone updated the bootneuter and baseband when i clearly told it not to. I only wanted to jailbreak my phone, NOT unlock it, i use ATT. When i connect to itunes, I get stuck in a loop. Itunes either breaks and shut downs, or it asks me to set up my iphone from a backup. I have set it up from backup about 10 times. I think i may have bricked my phone. if i try a restore, i am afraid i will get an error, unable to fix my phone since itunes is acting up. Is there a way to undo the bootneurter or baseband updated, since i am 100% sure that is what is making my phone not work.

it works now, but i cant connect to my pc x_X.

Is Itunes detecting the phone as "new" and giving you 2 options, activate new phone or restore from backup?

If so....hit "activate new phone", wont hurt anything and then Itunes will stop acting up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Greenkirby21 (2008-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Is Itunes detecting the phone as "new" and giving you 2 options, activate new phone or restore from backup?

If so....hit "activate new phone", wont hurt anything and then Itunes will stop acting up.
    thanks, that made it work

is your phone running really sluggish after you restored. because that problem was happening to me to, and my phone was really slow, so i just said setup new phone to bypass that problem, but since it was really slow. i tried to restore back to factory, ****** it up, just got it working again, and i think im gonna not restore from back up this time after pwn 2.0.1