Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn 2.0.1 Major Problem Need Help Wont Sync

Default Winpwn 2.0.1 Major Problem Need Help Wont Sync
    (running on vista)

Heres my issue

Bought an iphone 3g here in canada and jailbroke the version 2.0 using a custom firmware off pirate bay. Restored the firmware on and all worked fine.

Now today i see winpwn for version 2.0.1

So i create my ispw with winpwn and have cydia, installer, and youtube fix on. Im going to be running the phone officially off rogers network so no unlock.

I begin to restore the 2.0.1 custom firmware, load my backup of the phone, and now once its on the phone i can't get service and itunes wont sync. everytime i plug it in it asks to restore from back up in continuous loop. Also my sounds for keyboard or the lock/unlock dont work. Only ringtones.

Anyway i then restore my iphone back to 2.0 using the original ispw i jailbroke the phone with when i first got it. The service is working again but i still have sound issues and it wont sync music with itunes.

What am i doing wrong? Id like to get to 2.0.1. Any help is VERY much appreciate. Thanks

nevermind i figured it out. it was the activation setting under advanced. and the sound issue was my phone on silent lol. but i got it. for anyone who has this problem make sure you do no youtube fix if your on official network and that you uncheck active phone in advanced. as for the loop... restore the phone from back up first time and it gives you all contacts, texts... ect then on second time it asks for restore create a new phone.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 2008-08-11 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    (running on vista)

Heres my issue

Bought an iphone 3g here in canada and jailbroke the version 2.0 using a custom firmware off pirate bay. Restored the firmware on and all worked fine.

Now today i see winpwn for version 2.0.1

So i create my ispw with winpwn and have cydia, installer, and youtube fix on. Im going to be running the phone officially off rogers network so no unlock.

I begin to restore the 2.0.1 custom firmware, load my backup of the phone, and now once its on the phone i can't get service and itunes wont sync. everytime i plug it in it asks to restore from back up in continuous loop. Also my sounds for keyboard or the lock/unlock dont work. Only ringtones.

Anyway i then restore my iphone back to 2.0 using the original ispw i jailbroke the phone with when i first got it. The service is working again but i still have sound issues and it wont sync music with itunes.

What am i doing wrong? Id like to get to 2.0.1. Any help is VERY much appreciate. Thanks
    I also have vista and have a 3G and had your issue. I started from scratch and here are the steps.

made sure had latest itunes which im sure you knew. did regular itunes update to move up to 2.0.1.
    downloaded the new 2.0.1 firmware from this site to create my custom firmware with.When i ran winpwn i ran it as administrator. Used new winpwn 2.0.0.4 to create the firmware..no other.
    when creating the custom firmware i clicked installer,cydia and not youtube. i unchecked activate since i have a legit contract. clicked create ipsw when it said done i clicked ipwner chose the custom firmware and when it said itunes is pwned i closed winpwn. i then connected my phone to usb put iphone in dfu mode. In ituneswhile in dfu mode i held shift clicked on restore chose my new custom 3g firmware and after a while waiting it all worked.

Sorry its sloppy

hahaha, the whole issue of the phone not having any sounds - you have no idea how much i stressed about the speaker suddenly frying, or from me dropping my phone and knocking something loose, to simply jailbreaking causing this fiasco. i had forgotten that i silenced my phone prior to watching dark knight and not turning it back on right after. it took a whopping 4 days to figure that one out.

i replyed last night to myself explaining that i fixed it but i guess it didnt post. Basically i had the activate option on and that messed it up. all is good now. i also figured out i had the silencer on.....haha almost had a heart. all is good now just know if your on official carrier do not check activate box or youtube fix. thanks for responding though guys.

I do have a new problem though. my mail downloads 50 messages twice then crashes. its a gmail. any ideas to fix?

nevermind... found fix... use bossprefs to repair permissions.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 2008-08-11 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost