Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn to 2.0.1, WIFI ISSUES

Question Winpwn to 2.0.1, WIFI ISSUES
    After I winpwned to 2.0.1, my wifi will work until i type in the password for the network, then it wil immediately stop working (won't display ANY networks and will not connect to the original one I inputted the password for), tried to reset all settings and even re pwned the phone, no luck. any ideas???

same issue

tried resetting all setting still not luck from looking around it seems alot of people are having this issue but i have not found a fix
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 2008-08-10 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well after a little more research, I tried to connect to wifi at my gf's house, and it will recognize to wifi connects (a little slower than usual to display them), and then once I enter a password it will connect then disconnect immediately... I just winpwned my gf's iPhone with the same ipsw's and everything was ok!!

** talking about 2G phones here!! **

** bump **

Has anyone came across this problem yet and overcame it?
    Last edited by Playa4Life352; 2008-08-11 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My error with the WiFi is that it shows I am connected to the network but it doesn't show the WiFi icon at the top - only shows the EDGE icon.

Any suggestions?

mine shows me connected to wifi but its not if i turn of edge i can not connect to safari

For me i used pwnage tool... afterward i could see access points but when going to connect, after typing in a password, would immediately fail. The solution that worked for me and maybe help with you guys is i had to go into settings, and turn 'ask to join wireless' off, on, and back off again.

After this i re-enabled wi-fi and turned ask to join back on. Ever since this i've had no troubles with wireless.

tried that thanks for the tip still no luck

I'm having the same exact problem. I tried the suggestion above and no luck.

My problem is the same. It asks to join the Wi-Fi connection and i put in the password and it seems okay. I then get the Wi-Fi bar on the top so it looks like it's working, but when I open Safari (or anything else that tries to use to access the internet), the Wi-Fi logo will change to the EDGE icon, and will use the EDGE connection. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Also, this is the first gen iPhone, not the 3G

Did you check the "don't wipe" box when using winpwn? Also, try resetting your network.

Quote Originally Posted by dannydrift View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem. I tried the suggestion above and no luck.

My problem is the same. It asks to join the Wi-Fi connection and i put in the password and it seems okay. I then get the Wi-Fi bar on the top so it looks like it's working, but when I open Safari (or anything else that tries to use to access the internet), the Wi-Fi logo will change to the EDGE icon, and will use the EDGE connection. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Also, this is the first gen iPhone, not the 3G
    That's the same exact problem I've been having, sorry if I wasn't as clear per prior posts. I haven't tried the solution that twinkikabuki had work for him, but I will tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes

** bump **

Quote Originally Posted by The Bee View Post
    Did you check the "don't wipe" box when using winpwn? Also, try resetting your network.
    No I didn't check the "no wipe" and also I never restore a backup through iTunes.
    Last edited by Playa4Life352; 2008-08-11 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no i did not check the don't wipe button

Quote Originally Posted by The Bee View Post
    No I didn't select the "Don't Wipe" box. I followed the directions step by step.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkikabuki View Post
    For me i used pwnage tool... afterward i could see access points but when going to connect, after typing in a password, would immediately fail. The solution that worked for me and maybe help with you guys is i had to go into settings, and turn 'ask to join wireless' off, on, and back off again.

After this i re-enabled wi-fi and turned ask to join back on. Ever since this i've had no troubles with wireless.
    No go unfortunately. Any other possible solutions??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay ive restored my phone twice and repwnd it twice perfectly and my edge and 3g network dont work....Only when i connect to wifi for some reason....everything works fine before i pwn it but after the only thing that works is wifi.....

Has anybody figured out why yet.....Internet is like half the phone ya know

I have a Colowarepc Red iPhone 3G 16Gb by the way!!

[email protected]
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Okay ive restored my phone twice and repwnd it twice perfectly and my edge and 3g network dont work....Only when i connect to wifi for some reason....everything works fine before i pwn it but after the only thing that works is wifi.....

Has anybody figured out why yet.....Internet is like half the phone ya know

I have a Colowarepc Red iPhone 3G 16Gb by the way!!

[email protected]
    See our problem for this topic is wifi NOT working

Does ANYONE have any sort of solution or tips for this common problem???

i am having same problem. 3G 16Gb

Quote Originally Posted by rabanjr View Post
    i am having same problem. 3G 16Gb
    Really? I wasn't aware that this was a 3G problem also.

Quote Originally Posted by Playa4Life352 View Post
    Really? I wasn't aware that this was a 3G problem also.
    It's not a problem with the 3G. The wifi is cutting off on me with 2nd gen 3g iphone.

I saw that most were stating that they had 1st gen 2g iphones. I wanted to show that it is not only 1st gen 2g models.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast