Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Endless cycle

Angry Endless cycle
    Greetings all:

I've just tried this 3 times with the same results...

I utilized the newest version of Pwnage along with the most recent firmware for the iPhone 3G.

I got thru the whole process fine each of the 3 times BUT..... when iTunes notifies me that the phone will now reboot etc, the phone ends up in an endless cycle of showing the pineapple screen/flashing to a black screen/showing the pineapple screen again.........over and over.

Each of the 3 times I restored to original firmware and attempted again with the same results so I was hoping you all might have an idea about this and how to resolve it.

FYI: this phone was Pwn'd about 2 weeks ago without any errors whatsoever.

My thanks in advance crew.
    Best wishes
    Stone
    Last edited by Stonecoldcrb; 2008-08-10 at 04:07 PM.

did you restore to an unpwned version of the firmware before pwning this time? you may want to try that if you haven't already.

Yes I restored each time to the original firmware from Apple. The phone was pwn'd, I updated a few days ago to the newest firmware, and d'l the newest version of Pwnage last night and experienced the above described issue.

did you uninstall the old version of pwnage from your computer?

Yes the new version of Pwnage was installed on a NEW Macbook Pro...so no prev. versions of Pwnage were installed on this machine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem here, but i sadly cannot shed new light on the subject, so we must wait for a more knowledgeable person....

Thanks Mourgne, not to share the misery but at least someone else is having the same issue. So it's a waiting game for sure......

Anyone have any idea's, or the same issue besides the two of us?
    Last edited by Stonecoldcrb; 2008-08-11 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you sure you are using the .ipsw for the 3g phone?

Did you put the phone into DFU mode for the restore?

As indicated hiflyer, I've done the procedure in the past with NO ISSUES, so yes.......I used the proper ipsw as I am sure Mourgne did as well.

If nobody has an idea, do any of you know if there is an area/email/etc to post the error to the pwng. dev team?

Thanks again