Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: got winpwn 2.0.0.4 to work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default got winpwn 2.0.0.4 to work!
    After many error 6's, i finally got the darn thing to work.

Anyways,here's a couple things i suggest that might have caused the error 6.

-if your using 2.0.0.4, what i did was update the iphone to the current 2.0.1 and updated itunes to the current 7.7.1.

-I went through the regular instructions for winpwn 2.0

-I heard there are some problems with having both cydia and installer so i decided to just use cydia and deselect installer.

-I used the custom logos, there seemed to be no problems with that.

-On the advanced settings, i used the same settings as iClarified.

-make sure that after you build you use the ipwner to kill itunes(while itunes is already open)

-I powered off the iphone while it was plugged in. I got so fed up with the DFU process that I started using a stopwatch. lol hey, but it worked.

-when the DFU process starts, itunes should start itself. For me the summary screens and everything are pink. I think its a sign that itunes pwned correctly, or at least i hope so.

Well hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes.

Also, If you have AT&T make you that you dont select activate iphone or the youtube fix.
    Last edited by Ryanfuk; 2008-08-10 at 06:03 PM.

I also had a problem trying to create the custom firmware & it turned out because I selected both cydia & installer. I guess there is a conflict between the two! I picked cydia & everything went smoothly.

I've been trying for 2 hours and just keep getting error 6. I've been in DFU mode every time for sure (not the first time Ive done this and windows shows its detected and loaded DFU drivers.

The only difference between what you have done above and what I have done is that you guide says to downgrade the Bootloader to 3.9, while iCLarified and others dont have that option selected.

Should I be downloading the bootloader? And would that make a difference as to why it keeps coming out of DFU mode into recovery mode mid restore?

Try rebooting your machine, it worked for me!

if you have problem selecting both cydia and installer, increase partition on the last tab to 520mb, then you wont have problems selecting cydia + installer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HexusOdy View Post
    I've been trying for 2 hours and just keep getting error 6. I've been in DFU mode every time for sure (not the first time Ive done this and windows shows its detected and loaded DFU drivers.

The only difference between what you have done above and what I have done is that you guide says to downgrade the Bootloader to 3.9, while iCLarified and others dont have that option selected.

Should I be downloading the bootloader? And would that make a difference as to why it keeps coming out of DFU mode into recovery mode mid restore?
    Oh, i didnt downgrade.

I finally found the reason I kept getting the Error 6 message, and it might be the same for you.
    I assumed that iTunes had to be closed when it got pwned, as in my experience a program is almost always closed or has to be restarted when it is modified by another program. Apparently you're supposed to keep iTunes open when it's pwned.

Oh... I just noticed that it says that at the end of the last post. Well, I didn't see this topic before I figured it out. I just did trial and error.