Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.01 ipwn error 6 then error 1600

Default 2.01 ipwn error 6 then error 1600
    hi there,

i am trying to load the custom firmware for 2.01 , I have followed all the steps correctly and when i try to load in the 2.01 ipwn custom firmware i get error 6. I then tried in DFU mode and I got error 1600.

I tried deleting the device support files still no joy.

Anyone know how to fix this?

cheers

your get error 6 if you just try to restore using the pwned firmware in itunes (iphone beeing in normal mode) you get 16xx errors when you phone is in recovery mode (aka not DFU mode)

follow the steps into DFU until it works, sometimes it takes 10 times before you get it right but follow the guides and you shall succeed soon

I have the same problem, and it doesn't matter if it's in DFU-mode. Custom 2.0.0 firmware works fine. I think there's a problem with the flashloader, cause the phone will not reboot to start the upgrade. If in DFU screen will just stay black. If it's in recovery mode, phone will just stay in recovery mode.

Thanks

I was having this happen on my sons. Vista system that I was using for the first time. I got so disgusted I plugged the darn thing into my so system and no problem. I didn't have a probe using einpwn on a vista system with UAC disabled. I think the vista system I used today was causing problems because I was running winpwn in the user account but running as administrator. Vista can be weird and even if you run a program as administrator it really is not.

I'm using Windows XP. Both built and tested the firmware on two different computers. Impossible to get iTunes flash it...