Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwned 2g with 3g firmware.... and how I fixed it

Smile Pwned 2g with 3g firmware.... and how I fixed it
    Hiya, first off i knew i wasnt suppose to use the 3g firmware on a 2g, i clicked it by mistake and didnt double check, so i ended up flashing my first gen Iphone with 2.0 for 3g and am now stuck on the cable arrow Itunes screen on my phone. I am using the newest winpwn. I am now stuck and cannot even get the phone into DFU mode. I reboot into DFU but it doesnt go into it just back to the restore screen. Sorry for my poor grammer.

well after most of the night trying different things and continually getting error 6 or error 1602 I figured out that itunes had blocked my phone from going into DFU mode.

Solution: I used xpwn, search for it on this site. xpwn is NOT very user friendly. This unblocked my phone from not going into DFU mode. I also cleared out my Itunes\Device folder.

After using xpwn to put your phone into DFU your Iphone screen will turn white, this is good. Then i just followed normal procedure for winpwn, make custom firmware and pwned itunes.

Itunes still came up with error but it really worked and now my Iphone lives again lol.

If anyone needs further explanation please post and ill keep checking this thread.

If this worked for you, I'm new and could use some thanks
    Last edited by ometeol; 2008-08-10 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost