Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: custom 2.0.1 causes boot loop

Default custom 2.0.1 causes boot loop
    here's what i did
    1. downloaded pwnage tool with the SHA check, NOT extracted via "the unarchiver"
    2. downloaded the firmware via MMi
    3. made the custom firmware via "simple mode"

my iphone will go into an endless reboot loop...and ive tried simple and expert mode in making my FW...ive followed all the instructions, but nothing.

So i had to restore back to a PWNED 2.0 firmware, which works perfectly...but id love to upgrade to 2.0.1 because of installer and the bugfixes

...can someone please help my iphone reboot-loop-with 2.0.1 issue? thanx in advance!

-j

*bump*

..anyone?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

More info... what service provider are you on? When you use expert mode tell me exactly what options you are using to build the firmware. Additionally I need to know if iTunes completes the restore process and THEN you get the reboot loop of if this happen before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    More info... what service provider are you on?
    firstly, thank you for your reply...i appreciate it a ton :-). my providor is t-mobile

When you use expert mode tell me exactly what options you are using to build the firmware.
    activate and unlock, not upgrade since my BB of 4.6 was pre-pwned with 2.0. i used a custom image for the boot/recovery screens. i left cydia and installer alone, and that was it

Additionally I need to know if iTunes completes the restore process and THEN you get the reboot loop of if this happen before hand.
    the reboot loop never happened before. pwnage tool created the 2.0.1 FW without errors and even itunes went through the restore process sans errors....once the iphone did the default reboot where itunes gives the "this msg will dissapear in 15 seconds", thats when the iphone started to reboot-loop every 5 seconds

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Ok... I would suggest creating a new ipsw without custom boot logos. Secondly I would recommend changing the default partition size to 850MB or so. Be sure your phone is in DFU mode before restoring. If this doesn't solve the problem you may want to try checking enable baseband update, neuter bootloader, unlock baseband, auto delete bootneuter.

I am having the same problem right after I pwn my phone. My iPhone has the 2.0.1 firmware and I downloaded the 2.0.2 Pwnage Tool. I made the custom restore and it installed. I even got the pineapple logo when my phone booted up but then it just keeps rebooting! I put it in restore mode and restored with the original firmware and update. Can't get it to jailbrake....what am I doing wrong????

bump....I can't jailbreak...get stuck in reboot loop...

Does it matter that my iphone is 3G? Does the Pwnage Tool still work?
    Last edited by Shoe.Gal; 2008-08-18 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost