Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winpwn 2.0.0.4 giving me a common issue...

Default winpwn 2.0.0.4 giving me a common issue...
    I know there are tons of people having problems with WinPwn, and I've searched but I cannot find a good solid answer to what is happening to me.

I'm running Windows XP, iTunes 7.7, WinPwn 2.0.0.4
    my iPhone WAS a 16gig v1.1.4 unlocked/jailbroken with iPhoneSimFree.com
    service with T-mobile

I built a custom IPSW and followed the instructions at: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows)
    <<Selected to Install Youtube Fix and Installer>>
    <<Activate iPhone, Enable BaseBand Update, Neuter Bootloader, Unlock Baseband were all selected>>
    It successfully built the file.

My iPhone goes into restore... and iTunes goes through preppin it for the restore while my iPhone shows my new custom boot image that I selected.

After 5 minutes or so, I get an error from iTunes that says "The iPhone "Iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (6)" and my iPhone has the image to plug in to iTunes.

I've tried the restore 4 times now, I guess I'll try rebuilding my IPSW file, but does anyone know what I should do now? I'm kinda stuck in an unhappy place.
    Last edited by mad_llib; 2008-08-09 at 07:55 PM.

try rebuilding firmware, make sure the phone is in dfu mode too

i suppose it might be better to update to 2.0 first and then jailbreak and unlock it.

i did that with my 8g 2g phone and it worked out good

Should I have iTunes 7.7.1 or 7.7.0.43??

i have newest itune 7.7.1 and once i made a ipsw with 550mb as partition size
    no more error 6

the default of 500mb didnt work, error 6

mitch

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    i have newest itune 7.7.1 and once i made a ipsw with 550mb as partition size
    no more error 6

the default of 500mb didnt work, error 6

mitch
    I have the same issue as the fella who started this forum error 6...grrr
    I have tried 7.7.1 Itunes, 7.7.0
    I tried changing the partition in the winpwn partition tab to 1000 and nothing I am now going on 5 days without a phone.

Its error 6 but it may as well be error 666 grrrrrr...

As for the DFU mode Ive done it but how do u know for sure its DFU if the screen is black that indicates DFU correct?

Im starting to hate the number 6 HELP us pleeeeeeeaseeeeeeee...LOL