Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest Pwnage Broken (2.0.2)

Default Latest Pwnage Broken (2.0.2)
    I updated and installed iPhone software 2.0.1 on my Pwned 2.0 iPhone. Cydia doesn't work at all. It opens and then crashes. Restored it again using the same custom firmware... no dice. I unchecked the custom logos... and made a firmware package... it doesn't work... any ideas?

did you uncheck "activate"?
    maybe there was a problem with your original 2.0.1 ipsw file, or maybe a problem with the building of the custom 2.0.1 ipsw.

Would I need to uncheck activate if I don't use AT&T?

I'm rebuilding the firmware to see if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by WarpedCore; 2008-08-09 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

where did u download the program;
    heres an excerpt of what the dev team said

"Our server is suffering at the moment, please hang on, if you choose to download the file PwnageTool_2.0.2.tbz from anywhere else, then check the SHA1 sum.

MIRROR LIST

ZippyShare
    RapidShare
    The SHA1 sum of our file is c68fc1981679497d9d5b76135aaf06775b19d612 you can obtain this by running the following command in a terminal window :-

$ openssl sha1 PwnageTool_2.0.2.tbz

SHA1(PwnageTool_2.0.2.tbz)= c68fc1981679497d9d5b76135aaf06775b19d612

PLEASE ONLY MIRROR THE .TBZ FILE, NOT ZIPs."

I downloaded it from the RapidShare mirror. I did a SHA-1 hash check and it came up as the one that the iPhone Dev Team posted in their blog.

WarpedCore-- I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 3G, just upgraded to pwned firmware 2.0.1

Seems like there's quite a few people on the dev team blog that are having the same problem... Is this happening to EVERYONE or are there people who have working Cydia?

hmm... i just did it and there was no cydia... building again and then restoring again... :/

Default Even iam having same problem
    Cydia just opens and crahes even iam unchecking the activate and checing it

Hmph... No disrepect to the Dev Team... But they keep touting that they WON'T release a program that has bugs. Seems to me this is a pretty BIG bug. Jailbreak = nothing, without Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsandeep View Post
    Cydia just opens and crahes even iam unchecking the activate and checing it
    Don't waste your time. I did it both ways and Cydia didnt work either way-- Activate or No Activate.
    Last edited by Skandocious; 2008-08-09 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i unchecked unchecking activate. It doesnt unlock the phone . waiting for the response from dev team

can i downgrade back to 2.0?
    Last edited by joelsandeep; 2008-08-09 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by joelsandeep View Post
    i unchecked unchecking activate. It doesnt unlock the phone . waiting for the response from dev team

can i downgrade back to 2.0?
    Yeah if you still have your custom 2.0 firmware, just hold Option when you hit Restore in iTunes and install the 2.0 just like you did for the 2.0.1.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Installed custom 2.0.1 firmware successfully on 3G.
    Cydia works.
    Installer works.
    Customize works.
    WinterBoard works.
    K'ed IPAs work.
    K'ed Apps work.
    SSH works.
    IntelliScreen works.
    Phone calls work.
    SMS works.
    VisualVoicemail works.
    YouTube works.
    Safari works.

So far, everything is working for me.
    Syncing is still a bit slow with iTunes.

iam on 2G. May and the Baseband 3.9 may be that is causing the problems as of now iam going to downgrade to 2.0. and install the installer manually

SundayDuffer--- what firmware build are you using? 5B108?

Which mirror did you download Pwnage from?

omg...
    i now tried rebuilding ; no cydia... tried building without installer; no cydia... wats goin on?

I get the feeling that this has to do with corrupted permissions. Perhaps one of the mirrors is hosting a Pwnage Tool with corrupted permissions. Which mirror did all of you use?

I used Rapidshare. I talked to someone who used Zippy and their Cydia is working fine. I'm building another ispw right now with the Zippy pwnage. We'll see if it changes anything.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skandocious View Post
    SundayDuffer--- what firmware build are you using? 5B108?

Which mirror did you download Pwnage from?

Yes....5B108 downloaded straight from iTunes.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (pwnage tools 2.0.2)
    Unchecked Activation.
    Set my partition at 1000MB.
    Added both Cydia and Installer.

btw, wifi works, 3G signal works.
    Email push works. (gmail, yahoo)
    Changed springboard strings successfully.
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 2008-08-09 at 12:28 PM.

Okay. So you're Megaupload and the other one was Zippy.

I'm thinking maybe the Rapidshare has bad permissions....

Whelp, I think I found the problem.

After restoring with the Pwnage Tool from ZippyShare, CYDIA WORKS!!

If you downloaded from Rapidshare, I think that's the problem. I think the Rapidshare has corrupted permissions.
    Last edited by Skandocious; 2008-08-09 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I downloaded also from Zippy and all works fine including Cydia. Alls is there and looking good.

I told Dev Team and they took down the Rapidshare link. That should alleviate all Cydia issues. I think the Rapidshare upload was the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast