Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest Pwnage Broken (2.0.2)

Thanks
    Relax and take your time to get what you need. There are many peeps victimized by updating the 2.0.1 Firmware via iTunes. Coments from the (DEV Team)...
    The dev team warns iPhone user that you should not upgrade to firmware 2.0.1 via iTunes. Wait until PwnageTool 2.0.2 is released and upgrade to 2.0.1 with a custom ispw. Upgrading directly via iTunes will lessen the chances of you being able to unlock in the future. The dev team is still working on a 3g unlock solution.
    The DEV Team are working hard to fix these problems, so do not rush into things.

PwnageTool 2.0.2

Changes and Fixes:

iPhone/iPod firmware 2.0.1 5B108 support
    Added new Cydia build
    Added Installer BETA - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Added new Custom Package command “RunScript”
    Added French, Hungarian and Russian language localizations
    Added path for custom packages “~Library/Application Support/PwnageTool/CustomPackages/”
    Various bugfixes

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK:"or copy and paste the URL on your browser"
    http://www.iphone-hacks.com/download.php?id=129

Last edited by nOObie12; 2008-08-09 at 02:12 PM.

Cydia and application adding is still broken with the other Pwnage Tool from the other link .

i updated and mine works like acharm first try on 3G iphone

I have tried 4 different mirrors now, built 4 custom firmwares, and have had 4 non-working Cydia installs. Doesn't seem like a problem with the mirrors to me. Anyone have any suggestions? Kind of pointless without Cydia working.

EDIT: Tried this particular one and it works fine, Cydia and all...

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/73243631/file.html

Not sure why the zippyshare link on iphwn didn't work for me.
    Last edited by blairb666; 2008-08-09 at 04:28 PM.

I need a step by step guide before I try doing this,

Quote Originally Posted by blairb666 View Post
    I have tried 4 different mirrors now, built 4 custom firmwares, and have had 4 non-working Cydia installs. Doesn't seem like a problem with the mirrors to me. Anyone have any suggestions? Kind of pointless without Cydia working.

EDIT: Tried this particular one and it works fine, Cydia and all...
    Zippyshare.com - PwnageTool_2.0.2.tbz

Not sure why the zippyshare link on iphwn didn't work for me.
    I'm suffering from the same Cydia problem, resetted my settings, reflashed the ipsw, didn't help.

I redownloaded Pwnage from your link and it was bit-identical to the file I already had (which probably came from a rapidshare link, don't really remember). Can't really be the mirror therefor.

My Cydia problems might have been related to "the unarchiver" which might have unpacked the tar file. If you're suffering the same problem, please check how you've decompressed it.
    Last edited by anybody; 2008-08-09 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

me back on 2.0 happy with it. Installed the installer manually works fine

Thanks

I used rapidshare, had no problem what so ever ALL works a treat, no issues what so ever!

Quote Originally Posted by anybody View Post
    I'm suffering from the same Cydia problem, resetted my settings, reflashed the ipsw, didn't help.

I redownloaded Pwnage from your link and it was bit-identical to the file I already had (which probably came from a rapidshare link, don't really remember). Can't really be the mirror therefor.

My Cydia problems might have been related to "the unarchiver" which might have unpacked the tar file. If you're suffering the same problem, please check how you've decompressed it.
    indeed, it was the unarchiver

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a T-Mobile 2G iphone Unlocked and Jailbroken on the new 2.0.1. I Updated last night two different phones. Everything worked perfect. cydia works great !! Installer obviously is a beta so there isn't much to it yet

Yeah I also used the built in Archive Utility instead of the Unarchiver on my final attempt and it worked-- perhaps that was the missing link.

Please upload a working custom image for us poor Windows users. Winpwn seems to have problems at the moment. Thanks.

I have an interesting problem. I am on 2.0.1 via pwnage 2.0.2. The iPhone workes perfectly, as do Cyida and Installer. The issue is that everytime I plug the phone in and launch itunes it does not sync but rather ask to set up as new phone or restore from backup. very annoying..I backed it up before I used Pwnage 2.0.2 and then resored from that the first time, after the restore iTunes just asked me again to either set up as new or restore. rebooted both the computer and the phone and tried again and got the same. Any ideas?

JPO

Quote Originally Posted by jpo View Post
    I have an interesting problem. I am on 2.0.1 via pwnage 2.0.2. The iPhone workes perfectly, as do Cyida and Installer. The issue is that everytime I plug the phone in and launch itunes it does not sync but rather ask to set up as new phone or restore from backup. very annoying..I backed it up before I used Pwnage 2.0.2 and then resored from that the first time, after the restore iTunes just asked me again to either set up as new or restore. rebooted both the computer and the phone and tried again and got the same. Any ideas?

JPO
    figured it out, just choose set up as new phone.. all notes pics etc are still there..

Peace.
    Last edited by jpo; 2008-08-09 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question same here...
    Quote Originally Posted by luiz View Post
    omg...
    i now tried rebuilding ; no cydia... tried building without installer; no cydia... wats goin on?
    I'm pretty competent at this, and for the life of me I cannot get cydia onto my 3G 16gb phone with Pwnage 2.0.2 (the right tbz only file) and 2.0.1. Am I missing something? I got installer to come on from the Custom Package list, but nothing puts Cydia on (!?!?!?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12