Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to 2.0.1

Question Upgrading to 2.0.1
    So, I saw the dev team's blog today stating that their new relase should be out sometime today. With that in mind, does WinPwn 2.0.0.3 (which i currently use) support the new apple 2.0.1 firmware, or do i need to wait until the next release? I assume not since the FW came out later. That being said, I may look to upgrade to 2.0.1 FW. The problem is I'm not exactly sure how. Please correct me if i'm wrong:

1. Sync/backup
    2. Update WinPwn to new version (when available and tested)
    3. unlock & jailbreak phone with Winpwn and new 2.0.1.ipsw?

or can i just upgrade, let it "lock" again and use WinPwn to jailbreak the new software? I'm confused. A little insught would be great.

i think you would need to wait for the next release in order to JAILBREAK not GSM unlock the phone. if the current winpwn would work with the 2.0.1 FW i am sure people wouldnt be waiting anxiously for the new winpwn thats coming

that's cool. I can wait. I'm sure it won't be long now, but whats the process once the new winpwn is out? I've never upgraded before, only pwned to 2.0.

You will do the same thing. Checkout the BigBoss Blog on the coming 2.02 pwnage tool:

Pwnage 2.0.2 On the Horizon. - iPhone News & Review

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yeah it is still undecided what the procedure will be, wether its just update to custom 2.0.1 or restore to 2.0.1 stock then custom it.

we will have to wait until cmw releases winpwn, which from what i read on the devteams blog could be by monday since they released their pwnage as open source (xpwn) making it much easier to port.

so looks like we windozers will be goin to 2.0.1 monday-ish (don't quote me on that)

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    You will do the same thing. Checkout the BigBoss Blog on the coming 2.02 pwnage tool:

Pwnage 2.0.2 On the Horizon. - iPhone News & Review

hey i noticed on the link provided (big boss) the post from today 08/08/08 says,

"DO NOT INSTALL INSTALLER 4 BY ITSELF! YOU MUST INSTALL CYDIA ALSO! INSTALLER 4 IS STILL BETA, NO REPOSITORIES HAVE BEEN ADDED AS OF YET! IT IS BUGGY AND CAN CRASH! INSTALL CYDIA BY ITSELF OR CYDIA AND INSTALLER!"
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2008-08-08 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost