Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn iPhone 3G - No Reception!

Default WinPwn iPhone 3G - No Reception!
    I recently used WinPwn 2.0.0.3 amd the jailbrake was successful but now I have no reception! I tried it twice, one custom .ipsw with "activate" checked, and one with "activate" unchecked. Could anyone shed some light on how I can fix this?

Oh and I'm with Optus Australia.

Please help, thanks.

EDIT:

Found this solution...trying it now.

> Restore your phone back to the standard iPSW
    > Create your custom pwned iPSW, do NOT select "activate phone" or "Youtube fix" - only select "Install Cydia"
    > Take out your SIM card (this is important)
    > Put the phone into DFU mode
    > pwn as normal
    > once pwned, unplug iPhone, insert your SIM and plug in again.
    > activate through iTunes as a new phone (also important)

EDIT 2:

Solution above works!!!
    Last edited by stezza333; 2008-07-29 at 12:50 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stezza333 For This Useful Post:

captncoala (2008-08-03), gafu (2008-08-18), Mann22 (2008-08-11)

I had this same problem but does this also fix the 3G connection? Edge connection worked fine but when I switched to 3G connection it would say that I had no service. Thanx! =)

Thanks stezza, this method worked for me, tho with a few changed steps. I think the key to this working with optus is not ticking the activation option in winpwn, and the removal of the sim card. I have to point out tho, I didnt unplug my phone to remove the sim, nor did i activate as a new phone, as I had a message on screen after pwning that there was an update to my carrier settings, when I clicked ok, I had signal on the phone, so I simply restored my iphones settings from the itunes backup. Shame it wasnt so easy the first half dozen times i tried it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stezza333 View Post
    I recently used WinPwn 2.0.0.3 amd the jailbrake was successful but now I have no reception! I tried it twice, one custom .ipsw with "activate" checked, and one with "activate" unchecked. Could anyone shed some light on how I can fix this?

Oh and I'm with Optus Australia.

Please help, thanks.

EDIT:

Found this solution...trying it now.

> Restore your phone back to the standard iPSW
    > Create your custom pwned iPSW, do NOT select "activate phone" or "Youtube fix" - only select "Install Cydia"
    > Take out your SIM card (this is important)
    > Put the phone into DFU mode
    > pwn as normal
    > once pwned, unplug iPhone, insert your SIM and plug in again.
    > activate through iTunes as a new phone (also important)

EDIT 2:

Solution above works!!!
    worked beautifully for me....thanks for the post...

Default Finally
    Yes ....this also worked for me...thank you!!!!!

i have the same problem on fw 2.0.2...
    this "fix" is only for 2.0?

yup i found "used the search" that same solution myself when winpwn 2.0.0.3 came out... cuz i had the same problem
    "Search" is your friend

Do the shift restore with the 3.0 beta firmware,later on is to get the phone "not to activate" if itunes says that you are not a developer then you are on the right way!

step 2 is to put in in dfu mode and open itunes then do a shift restore with the firmware you want, 2.2.1 or similar, after the restore you should be able to activate phone and get your reception back! If error 1013, the firmware is still installed, just use quickpwn for the correct ipws and you should do great!

Yeah, and the reason why the reception dissapears has to do with the activation!
    Last edited by Klaako; 2009-04-17 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Understanding why