Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: URGENT, how to i get out of dfu mode

Default URGENT, how to i get out of dfu mode
    I tried pwning my phone and messed up, now I can't turn it on or anything please please help me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The only way out of DFU mode is an iTunes restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not true, just hold down the home button and the lock button, and you will see the apple icon come up. worked for me
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mylexon20s View Post
    not true, just hold down the home button and the lock button, and you will see the apple icon come up. worked for me
    -Matt
    worked for me too. Just did a hard reboot and it came back.

But if you screwed up by disconnecting the phone halfway through or something, i'm not sure if this will work.

The itunes restore is what I'd also recommend... If the process wasnt completed, it would be safer to start the pawnage process again from the begining.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    worked for me too. Just did a hard reboot and it came back.

But if you screwed up by disconnecting the phone halfway through or something, i'm not sure if this will work.
    Just go ahead in DFU mode and restore using your customized FW 2.0. Someone advise me to restore again to 1.1.4 and use Pwnage 1.1, but that was not necessary. I had a 2g 1.1.4 iPhone unlocked with Ziphone, built my customized fw and restored it directly to 2.0. Everything is working fine. Be ware though that I did it with the previous version of ITunes and did it in a single pass (no interruptions). Dont know what will happen if you use ITunes' latest version 7.1.1. you should check the forums for it.