Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Old Songs, Apps after jailbreak and upgrade to 2.0 using winpwn

Default Old Songs, Apps after jailbreak and upgrade to 2.0 using winpwn
    I am on 1.1.4 currently and have a lot of apps installed. I dont specifically need each of them but need the songs I have on my iphone. If I jailbreak and upgrade to 2.0 using winpwn, will I loose all data on my iphone including the old apps and songs. Please let me know. Also in the previous jailbreak the system area disk size was only 300 MB and remaining was user area. Is there a way to increase that now?

hey there
    i'm new at all this jailbreaking stuff and unfortunately for me it did remove all my songs and applications i had downloaded and PAID for! songs were easy enough to reload, but the applications i'm going to have to pay for again. (i only paid for one, which was crash bandicoot. but still!). to avoid loosing applications, you have to make sure that BEFORE you sync, you uncheck 'sync applications'. i think that might do the trick? i didn't check to see if crash bandicoot was there straight after jailbreaking my iphone so it might just get removed from the get go.

kinda sucks that all my free applications remained on my device and the only app i paid for got deleted! haha just my luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m1ss_chr1ssy For This Useful Post:

chsriman (2008-07-27)

I upgraded to 2.0 and as expected all applications and songs are gone. However that is not a problem. 2.0 seems to have solved the echo problem I was previously having. Let us see.

Yes, any restore will remove everything on your phone! Although if you want, you can choose to not "set up as a new phone" in itunes, and restore from a backup, but it is not recommended unless you had a virgin phone before. Even then I wouldnt because the process can take up to an hour!