Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting Error 6 or 16XX? read on...

Lightbulb Getting Error 6 or 16XX? read on...
    I read several messages with people having problems using the custom firmware created in PWn 2.0 --- I was not able to restore to custom firware myself. One thing I try and its not the right thing to do is use Ziphone to get your phone in DFU, that is what I used and did not work for me, did this in two different Iphones and it never worked with Itunes 7.7 returning error 6 and 16XX. I used Ziphone only to boot my phone into normal mode from the USB cable and disk, after that I just followed the correct way to boot in DFU.

After that, I got the custom firmware in 2 Iphones without a problem, so the problem for a lot of people is the way they booting the phone, follow the video posted on how to boot in DFU mode, and you will solve your problems.

It's perfectly normal for the whole iPhone screen to be blank. It will even look like it's still turned off. However, if iTunes recognizes it - you're in DFU mode. hope this helps!

I was getting the 1601 error with Itunes 7.7 in both Vista and XP. The problem was indeed because i put the iphone in DFU mode using ZiPhone.

You need to put the phone in DFU mode manually, do not use ZiPhone or other tools and you shouldn't be getting error 1601 anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i keep getting either error when trying to restore. Trying to put my iphone in DFU mode just crashes itunes or gives me 1601 error. i have an iphone 3g model and trying to pwn it for the first time.

I've tried restoring it then putting it into DFU modes, i've done my research on google and found an apple support discussion to remove apple mobile device package and delete itunes and reinstall it.
    I've confirmed that the Devices folder exists under ~/Library/iTunes/

I just can see to get itunes to like it when the phone is in DFU mode. Maybe i'll try winPWN and see if that helps.

I just feel stuck

lol

hey guys,

i'm having the same problem. i have a iphone 3G 8Gb version. I pwned the phone to 2.1 perfectly fine but when I tried to make a custom firmware from my iMac and then restored from the custom firmware, it ALWAYS gives me a 16xx error no matter what.

Any ideas on how to successfully restore from my custom firmware? I can't get past this error message for the life of me. I'm 110% positive i'm putting the phone into DFU mode because when it goes into DFU mode, Windows says it detects a device in DFU mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)

where is the experts!!!!