Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I got error 6

Default I got error 6
    What doees this mean I got it when restoring itunes

same problem that happens after i pwned itunes and tried to restore using the custom firmware plz help

i got the 1st gen iphone when it came out so my firmware was 1.00 when it came out just to give you an idea of what iphone i had and i just update to a 2.0

bump
    Last edited by ultimatexpka; 2008-07-27 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

if you are ATT customer then you need to uncheck Youtube Fix and Activate phone
    worked for me..

I got "error 6" and it was because I wasn't reallyin DFU mode. Make sure you are really in DFU and you quit the pwnage tool before you open iTunes and try to restore.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to popmanbx For This Useful Post:

ultimatexpka (2008-07-27)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am having this error also, and I cannot get in DFU mode because when the phone starts it shows the recovery mode screen first thing! Any help would be great
    iPhone 3g 8GB; iPhone 3GS 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    if you are ATT customer then you need to uncheck Youtube Fix and Activate phone
    worked for me..
    I just tried doing that and the exact same thing happened

Quote Originally Posted by popmanbx View Post
    I got "error 6" and it was because I wasn't reallyin DFU mode. Make sure you are really in DFU and you quit the pwnage tool before you open iTunes and try to restore.
    I also tried closing winpwn after doing that and still nothing

Since I dont need to unlock or anything this is what I have checked

Cydia

And nothing elese

everything in advanced tab is unchecked and youtube fix is unchecked

I hit create firmware and then i pressed ipwner selected the CUSTOM firmware and then pressed ok....

i close everything then put my iphone into dfu mode (turn off phone hold sleep and home button until it turns back on then let go off the sleep button so it would show the itunes symbol with the wire on the bottom)

went on itunes I pressed ok for that restore your itunes crap, then i shift clicked selected my custom firmware on the desktop and then it extracts then shows up with the error 6 window

EDIT: I think I figured out what i did wrong.... I never went on dfu mode i was on restore mode..... dfu mode is a black screen restore mode shows the wire and the ituns logo.... Im going to try it again and see if it works.

Edit2: yessss it finnally works,,

So remember this

PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING ERROR 6 ARE NOT IN DFU MODE (where theres nothing but a black screen) YOU ARE PROBABLY IN RESTORE MODE (cable and itunes logo screen)
    Last edited by ultimatexpka; 2008-07-27 at 10:18 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ultimatexpka For This Useful Post:

Dakotafan (2008-07-27)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phifer8390 View Post
    I am having this error also, and I cannot get in DFU mode because when the phone starts it shows the recovery mode screen first thing! Any help would be great
    DFU mode steps:

- Attach the phone to the pc
    - Turn the phone off
    - Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    - Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.

At no point will the display come on. If it does, you need to try again and again or you will " never " get it this to work " . " .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

Dakotafan (2008-07-27)

Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post
    DFU mode steps:

- Attach the phone to the pc
    - Turn the phone off
    - Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    - Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.

At no point will the display come on. If it does, you need to try again and again or you will " never " get it this to work " . " .
    thanks -this was my issue last night. I think you have to turn the phone off to get DFU mode, otherwise it will just go into recovery mode correct? I have the customer firmware and I just restored last night because of error 6. I think your instructions will help me. I'm gonna try later.

edit: this worked - thanks!
    Last edited by Dakotafan; 2008-07-27 at 05:40 PM.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

Default DFU mode???
    How can a person getin to DFU mode with a 2G iphone, running 2.0 Software, if your Power button is broken and you can't put it in to DFU mode that way?

Quote Originally Posted by KenDude View Post
    How can a person getin to DFU mode with a 2G iphone, running 2.0 Software, if your Power button is broken and you can't put it in to DFU mode that way?
    your sleep button is broken? how do you put ure iphone to sleep when done using it?

You can probably try Ziphone and use the advanced tab for putting it on dfu mode

Thanks

after i put the phone in dfu mode i goto restore and get the error 1600 and 1601(without utube fix).. anyone else getting same error mesage