Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Applications symlink and available space

Default Applications symlink and available space
    My friend and I both have 2G iPhones which were pwned with the same custom_restore ipsw posted on these forums a few days ago. The odd thing is that he is almost out of space on his root partition and I am doing just fine.

Upon closer examination, it seems that his Applications dir is still in /root as /root/Applications, while mine is actually a symlink to /var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/

This doesn't seem to make any sense, we followed the same exact process of pwning the two phones using the same exact ipsw file. It also doesn't make any sense from Apple's development standpoint. Wouldn't they want to always have Applications in private/var to ensure additional space for the OS in the root partition? I've seen people complain about running out of space and could never understand why - I do now, but it still doesn't add up. Anyone else want to chime in on this unique problem?

I don't know why his is different from yours but tell him that BossTools is available in Cydia. That will clear up some room for him.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

yes, I just did