Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Jailbreak 3g iPhone AT&T Customers

Yay! It finally worked. I've tried to jailbreak this damn thing 3 times now and every time I followed the instructions to the T on 3 different websites. (all of them the same instructions of course.) Anyway, I found that my problem was that the phone wasn't getting all the way into DFU mode. I just wanted to post since others may have had this issue. If you get the little picture of the iphone cord connecting to itunes you haven't held the home key long enough. Just give it a few more seconds )

Quote Originally Posted by weencookie View Post
    Yay! It finally worked. I've tried to jailbreak this damn thing 3 times now and every time I followed the instructions to the T on 3 different websites. (all of them the same instructions of course.) Anyway, I found that my problem was that the phone wasn't getting all the way into DFU mode. I just wanted to post since others may have had this issue. If you get the little picture of the iphone cord connecting to itunes you haven't held the home key long enough. Just give it a few more seconds )
    Right, that is just the regular restore mode, not DFU mode

Thanks

What I have done with my 1.1.4 phone is to use iLiberty or Ziphone to boot into DFU mode. This assures the correct mode. I know that both those programs WILL NOT jailbreak a 2.0 or 3G iphone, but they just might be able to put it in DFU mode. Havent tried yet. Maybe I'll grab my son's 3G and find out, although he'll kill me if I mess up his jailbreak and winterboard theme.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    What I have done with my 1.1.4 phone is to use iLiberty or Ziphone to boot into DFU mode. This assures the correct mode. I know that both those programs WILL NOT jailbreak a 2.0 or 3G iphone, but they just might be able to put it in DFU mode. Havent tried yet. Maybe I'll grab my son's 3G and find out, although he'll kill me if I mess up his jailbreak and winterboard theme.
    I'm pretty sure it will not work but give it a shot.

How has this been working for everyone? I had a 2g ziphone for the past year... I have a 3 g now and I want it to me MYPHONE!

Any tips before I get going here?

i got my iphone from Comcel, in Colombia :P

i upgraded to 2.0.2
    can i jailbreak it?
    how
    thnx

I keep getting error messages in itunes, 1601,1602,1604

Exclamation heeelp!
    i did everything n it was good till i was gonna restore my phone and in the middle og the process itunes popped up a message that said error ur phone can not be recovered and ejected the phone from the computer!
    what should i do help me please

Exclamation Help!!
    My 3g iPhone is not restoring I followed all the steps for the at&t customers PLEASE HELP ME

Hey Tommy,
    Highly appreciated the good work you are doind , however, would you kindly clarify Step 8 as I'm not able to restart in DFU mode.

Please assist me

Joe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123