Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Jailbreak 3g iPhone AT&T Customers

Quote Originally Posted by appollo33 View Post
    I need help!Every time im tryin to creat custom firmware i receive this message - "Failed to creat custom IPSW" or the winpwn closing itself before custom firmware is made.Can you tell me what i can do?or can someone upload ready custom firmware for me?I have iphone 3g from Fido!Thanks in advance!
    What version of windows are you using? What version of winpwn? Are you saving it as a new filename?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0486 View Post
    What version of windows are you using? What version of winpwn? Are you saving it as a new filename?
    Windows xp sp 2,winpwn 2.0.0.3,didnt change the name during saving!I tried everything!

Does this unlock the 3G iPhone or only jailbreaking?

Quote Originally Posted by zc_squash View Post
    Does this unlock the 3G iPhone or only jailbreaking?
    Only jailbreak, the 3g has not been unlocked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by appollo33 View Post
    Windows xp sp 2,winpwn 2.0.0.3,didnt change the name during saving!I tried everything!
    Try saving it as a new file name.
    Last edited by tommy0486; 2008-08-01 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

My son just bought a 3G today and I successfully jailbroke it using teh directions on the first post of this thread.

Having much experience pwning my 1st gen phone, those of you having issues with IPSW not being created and/ or having winpwn close on you. You need more system resources. I have a very laggy winpwn on my dell Inspiron with 1gb RAM, win XP. The process went smooth as silk on my son's new HP laptop with 3GB ram running Vista home premium.

What you can so is close out of any unneeded processes on your system before building the ipsw.
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-08-02 at 03:15 AM.

When I try opening the firmware, my iTunes pops up, but nothing happens. Why is this? New to jailbreaking, first iPhone ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksound View Post
    When I try opening the firmware, my iTunes pops up, but nothing happens. Why is this? New to jailbreaking, first iPhone ever.
    Did you boot into DFU mode? Did you shift + click on the restore button?

Did you boot into DFU mode? Did you shift + click on the restore button?
    I have done neither of those. Is there a thread on installing firmware? I've tried searching but have been unable to find one. If not, would you be so kind as to tell me how I'm supposed to go about installing it?

Only jailbreak, the 3g has not been unlocked yet.
    I'm getting a US iPhone soon. Hopefully the unlock tool will be out soon. Otherwise I'll be having a very expensive iPod touch

i did everything step for step snd after extraction i got an unkown error occured (1) anyone can help?

I have done neither of those. Is there a thread on installing firmware? I've tried searching but have been unable to find one. If not, would you be so kind as to tell me how I'm supposed to go about installing it?
    Follow the tutorial in my first post exactly and it will tell you how to do everything.

When I try to open winpwn, I get a .NET Framework Initialization Error.

When I try to open winpwn, I get a .NET Framework Initialization Error.
    Download the latest .NET Framework from Microsoft.

I have done everything, but now at the last step, when I try to restore w/ the custom firmware, iTunes tells me my phone cannot be restored.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blacksound For This Useful Post:

JuanK20 (2008-08-10)

Thanks

Is the phone in DFU mode & shift+click restore.

After the jailbreak, the phone works etc and it's good to go, however when I plug it into the pc, itunes wants me to restore it, or set it up as a new phone. How do I get this to stop, or what have I done wrong?

are you using the latest firmware ?
    my itune does not ask me to update .

I used the latest firmware, the jailbreak works great and my phone is working, but after I did the firmware, when itunes asks you to restore, I did that, and after the restore, it basically loops the process, my phone has everything minus my songs, wallpapers, etc (anything synced media wise) although contacts, msgs, vm is there on the phone. I'm at the screen that asks if Iwant to setup the phone as a "new phone" or restore to a backup of my existing phone (which i've already done) Is there anyway to bypass this step? Cuz I want to use my existing setup, but not have to restore to it....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by will042082 View Post
    I used the latest firmware, the jailbreak works great and my phone is working, but after I did the firmware, when itunes asks you to restore, I did that, and after the restore, it basically loops the process, my phone has everything minus my songs, wallpapers, etc (anything synced media wise) although contacts, msgs, vm is there on the phone. I'm at the screen that asks if Iwant to setup the phone as a "new phone" or restore to a backup of my existing phone (which i've already done) Is there anyway to bypass this step? Cuz I want to use my existing setup, but not have to restore to it....
    I had the same issue after PWNing my 3G on my windows, but I have all my data/backup on my mac. It would continusouly loop the "recover data" tool. Just set it up as a new phone and it will work fine, you will just have to resync everything and setup all your settings for syncing. Don't know if anyone else had the bootloop if they tried to restore data or just went ahead and pushed new phone, but yeah do new phone and you are good

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tohsh For This Useful Post:

will042082 (2008-08-05)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast