Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to install another pwned firmware on current pwned one?

Default Is it possible to install another pwned firmware on current pwned one?
    Hi guys

I just wondering if we can re-install pwned firmware 2.0 on iPhones running pwned firmware 2.0 already?

Like I have my 1st gen iPhone running custom pwned firmware 2.0 but I wanted to this firmware on it : iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL3.9_4.6__Fix ed.ipsw (download torrent) - TPB

Can I just go into recovery mode and install that firmware over the current one?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yes.

I'm wondering this same thing. But I don't know EXACTLY how to do it. I made the mistake of restoreing my contacts from the backup, which caused the mail crash problem (fixed now). But from what I've read on this site, restoring causes everything to move very SLOW in 2.0. Not a fan.

My Question - Running a 2.0 unlocked, jailbroken phone, would I go into DFU mode then shift + Restore, or recovery mode?

Ok I did it, basically I put my phone in recovery mode (using ziphone) Shift restored to that custom image I liked to above and it just installed nicely over the old one

Re pwn-ing is not needed in case you are wondering.

awesome... im wondering the same thing too... Cydia jacked up some of my icons (no battery image or edge icon).

I pwned my 3G with the new pwn tool on a friends MAC.. which created the custom firmware...

So in essence I can just go into DFU mode and restore with the same custom firmware? But this time i will be using a windows computer. Anyone know if this will work? if not im just gonna wait till a worry free pwn comes out for windows w/installer