Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm Overseas and I'm Screwed. WinPwn 2.0 options greyed out...

Question I'm Overseas and I'm Screwed. WinPwn 2.0 options greyed out...
    I've been waiting this whole time for pwnage, but it was mac only. That's fine. I waited for WinPwn, and downloaded that, but I'm still having problems.

I've tried this on THREE different computers with iTunes 7.7, Vista, Xp, you name it. Every time I open Winpwn and iTunes together, I go ahead and locate the ISPW file I've downloaded off a tutorial website, and then I try to create a custom ISPW off of that.

Problem is, everything after the 2nd choice is greyed out. Starting from "Enable Baseband Update" and everything under it is greyed out in the Advanced tab.

I've tried loading iTunes while winpwn is on, and clicking on iPwner to "pwn" itunes. Still, no option to do anything other than *Activate* and *No Wipe.*

Can anybody offer some assistance? I'm overseas and need this phone unlocked for business.

Thank you.

you have to activate "neuter bootloader" to get to the other options. I just had a ton of problems with this upgrade, only check unlock baseband from the start and try it out.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

The problem is, I can't even check the bootneuter box you mentioned! The only two boxes in the advanced tab that I can check are "Activate Phone" and "No Wipe." The rest always stay greyed out.

FYI, I'm on a 1st gen iPhone that has been upgraded to 2.0 software. I'm also loading a iphone firmware 2.0 file I downloaded online when I click browse .ispw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you select the firmware for the 3G iphone then all the options having to do with unlocking will be greyed out b/c it's not possible to unlock the 3G phone yet. If you select the 2.0 firmware for the first generation iphone you will be able to selected all the other stuff.

3G firmwares start with iPhone1,2
    First generation iphone firmwares start with iPhone1,1
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-07-24 at 08:01 PM.

very wierd, and you have the latest version of winpwn from their site?
    i could send you my file if needed, dont know if they work on all phones or just mine?

Hey guys, thanks for the great replies.

I got really excited and was about to thank you all and sign off for the day when I tried the file I downloaded.

I got this file off a torrent site:

iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL3.9_4.6__Fix ed

And every time I load it into winpwn, it says "Unknown file" and does not let me proceed. This is suchhh a headache.

I'm gonna search around for more firmware files for me. Any help/links would be appreciated.

Chris