Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep getting error 1600 and error 6

Default Keep getting error 1600 and error 6
    Please help any 1. When I put my phone in DFU mode and restored with custom 1.2-2.0 firmware, it give me a error 1600. And when I tried with restore mode it will give me error 6. I'm unable to pwn 2.0 my phone successfully. I'm currently using Itune 7.7 and Winpwn 2.0.0.1.

Thanks in advance.

Same exact thing here. When I try to restore the regular way I get error 6 when trying to restore to the custom firmware.

if you get error 6 then that means you aren't in DFU mode. You should have a black screen in DFU mode not a " connect to iTunes" screen. When the program says you are in DFU then make sure you quit winpwn before opening iTunes.

i had the same problem the reason this is happening is becuz whatever program your using isnt creating a good custom.ipsw what i did is i used winpwn to pwn itunes(dont no if u need to really do this but i think it helps) then put your phone in DFU mode and then shift restore to a premade custom 2.0 firmware u can find here iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL3.9_4.6__Fix ed.ipsw (download torrent) - TPB