Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Problem

Default Wifi Problem
    Just successfully pwned my iPhone 3G and was playing around with Cydia. Noticed that my Wifi was not working so I turned the phone to airplane mode and tried to surf the web with safari, turns out I have no connection to the Internet.

Looked at the settings of my WIFI at home, the IP on my iPhone is incorrect and no matter how many times I renew lease, the IP stays the same, there was only an IP and subnet mask and both are wrong.

I tried the following:
    Forget this Network and tried connecting again...... Didn't work
    Restarting my iPhone....... Didn't work
    Restarting my modem....... Didn't work

Is this a problem with my iPhone or its a problem with the hack? Read the other threads about WIFI issues but no one knows clearly why. Wasn't much on Google either.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by evan_ad2000 View Post
    Just successfully pwned my iPhone 3G and was playing around with Cydia. Noticed that my Wifi was not working so I turned the phone to airplane mode and tried to surf the web with safari, turns out I have no connection to the Internet.

Looked at the settings of my WIFI at home, the IP on my iPhone is incorrect and no matter how many times I renew lease, the IP stays the same, there was only an IP and subnet mask and both are wrong.

I tried the following:
    Forget this Network and tried connecting again...... Didn't work
    Restarting my iPhone....... Didn't work
    Restarting my modem....... Didn't work

Is this a problem with my iPhone or its a problem with the hack? Read the other threads about WIFI issues but no one knows clearly why. Wasn't much on Google either.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!
    Mine is broken too. 8GB original iPhone. Funny thing is, I'm a legitimate iPhone user, soul sold to AT&T for the next two years for the new 3G happiness. I called AT&T (611 from the iphone) and selected the iPhone help line. I asked the guy if I could activate my old phone, as I have competed my contract with it and have the new one now, and that I spent a lot of money for a device that no longer works. (unactivated after I upgraded to 2.0) He told me to google jailbreak and to unlock the phone myself! That's from the mouth of the AT&T iPhone Rep I spoke to. So, I wonder if the higher-ups are instructing their phone technicians appease their customers.. Anyways.. no WIFI! I hope the Dev-team have the fix in the works!