Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

Default WinPwn 2.0 Instruction from Winpwn.com
    Will the real WinPwn please stand up... (07/23/07)
    So here we are again! WinPwn 2.0

WinPwn 2.0

- Support for both 1.1.4 and 2.0
    - Custom Image Support
    - Custom Payload Support
    - 3g iPhone support

Bugs
    Some users have had problems with installing Cydia on Windows XP. This will be fixed in tomorrows release

2.0 How to:

- 1) First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.
    - 2) Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash Custom IPSW files via DFU mode
    - 3) Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don't know how to do this click Here.
    - 4) Once you are in DFU mode Itunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.

Done!
    Important Notes
    Remove Winpwn 1.0 completely if you have it installed. Installing over the top of WinPwn 1.0 will cause problems.
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
    If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix

Thanks again for all those who supported me. WinPwn was made possible by PlanetBeing, Squpix and the dev team ( Especially Wizdaz, MuscleNerd, Gray, Pumpkin, bgm, roxfan ). I will be updating WinPwn with some better features and upgrading the credits and help sections over the next few days.

Much love
    \cmw

someone plz post a walkthrough of winpwn for windows, im a ziphone user and have no idea what to do

Quote Originally Posted by sirasoni View Post
    Will the real WinPwn please stand up... (07/23/07)
    So here we are again! WinPwn 2.0

WinPwn 2.0

- Support for both 1.1.4 and 2.0
    - Custom Image Support
    - Custom Payload Support
    - 3g iPhone support

Bugs
    Some users have had problems with installing Cydia on Windows XP. This will be fixed in tomorrows release

2.0 How to:

- 1) First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.
    - 2) Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash Custom IPSW files via DFU mode
    - 3) Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don't know how to do this click Here.
    - 4) Once you are in DFU mode Itunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.

Done!
    Important Notes
    Remove Winpwn 1.0 completely if you have it installed. Installing over the top of WinPwn 1.0 will cause problems.
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
    If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix

Thanks again for all those who supported me. WinPwn was made possible by PlanetBeing, Squpix and the dev team ( Especially Wizdaz, MuscleNerd, Gray, Pumpkin, bgm, roxfan ). I will be updating WinPwn with some better features and upgrading the credits and help sections over the next few days.

Much love
    cmw
    i saw those instructions too, but there not detailed, im on 1.1.4, so do i upgrade 1st?
    Last edited by jaysmi29; 2008-07-24 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaoticsp View Post
    My phone has no service now. I am with at&t and cannot get any bars to make a phone call. I built a custom ispw with all of the options checked except for No Wipe (left is unchecked). When I tried to get into DFU mode it crashed. I was finally able to turn the phone on again but have no service now.

When I try to create another ispw I am getting an error everytime now in winpwn. Can someone please help, I am stuck
    it just took my phone 20 minutes to restore from the backup, and that fixed that problem

plug it into itunes and let it do it's normal restore/backup

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    it just took my phone 20 minutes to restore from the backup, and that fixed that problem

plug it into itunes and let it do it's normal restore/backup
    If i do a normal restore/backup, will i lose all of my contacts on my phone?

Thanks

this does not work for me

i followed the directions

when in DFU mode, itunes comes up, i select the custom 2.0 file where i did NOT select activate or youtube fix (since i'm on att), and i keep getting an error that says "the iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occured (6)."
    i tried 3 times. did a complete normal restore from backup, tried again following the directions, same problem.

i used the official apple 2.0 firmware, ipsw builder, and the only thing selected is "install cydia"

Quote Originally Posted by kaoticsp View Post
    If i do a normal restore/backup, will i lose all of my contacts on my phone?
    it will restore everything from your last backup/sync.

hopefully you did that before you tried to winpwn

always backup before doing something like this
    Last edited by Rescuer; 2008-07-24 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hmmm.... new problems... haven't tried it yet but imma give it some time to boil first... i can wait till tomorrow when more testing is done and hopefully a how to...

i pwned mine with the mac version so im considering restoring and pwning with the windows version cuz cydia kinda screwed up a few things. but i'll wait a while there's no rush since the only program i really want is TinyProxy (yea i know theres 3proxy but doesn't work for me)

I have aproblem. Everytime I try to make a custom IPSW file, it's stuck for few second on rebuilding Root Filesystem and then gives me error that the program couldn't make IPSW file (just error, nothing detailed). Any1 know where's problem? I tried with many combinations on options.

Quote Originally Posted by bblackk102 View Post
    I have aproblem. Everytime I try to make a custom IPSW file, it's stuck for few second on rebuilding Root Filesystem and then gives me error that the program couldn't make IPSW file (just error, nothing detailed). Any1 know where's problem? I tried with many combinations on options.
    I have the exact same problem.

okay well im getting...
    7/23/2008 9:34:47 PM - Failed to load image catalog
    7/23/2008 9:34:48 PM - Failed to load payload catalog
    i have updated to 2.0 firmware....do i need to downgrade first...help please....or what we need is a step by step walk through...thanks in advanced...

Quote Originally Posted by RiNo808 View Post
    okay well im getting...
    7/23/2008 9:34:47 PM - Failed to load image catalog
    7/23/2008 9:34:48 PM - Failed to load payload catalog
    i have updated to 2.0 firmware....do i need to downgrade first...help please....or what we need is a step by step walk through...thanks in advanced...
    I wouldn't even worry about that. Just keep on using the program. I think that just has to do with the custom boot images.

If you're getting a 1600's error message try to do it without going into DFU mode. I won't guarentee that works, but it's how you did it before winpwn 2.0 was released.

when I use the ispw builder, it never makes a new ispw, it just says failed... blah blah blah and then I tried to pwn with a custom ispw that I downloaded somewhere and it almost works, but I get the 1600/1601 errors. Then I'm told by others that I should only use the ispw that I made with ISPW Builder. However, that is not possible. I seem to be in a bit of a pickle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I followed all the directions, but I keep getting 1601 errors. Now I'm stuck in DFU mode. What to do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghstomahawks View Post
    I followed all the directions, but I keep getting 1601 errors. Now I'm stuck in DFU mode. What to do?
    im getting similar errors but if u want to get outta dfu mode all u gotta do is hold the home and sleep/wake button for ten seconds and then let go of them...the phone should boot up as normal..

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

I believe that you need the firmware package (2.0) and the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader files in order to create a custom ispw as per the directions, step 1.

same here getting that 1600/1601 error...getting very frustrated....so do we need 1.1.4 or 2.0 firmware???

same here getting 1600/1601 error, so what firmware do we need is it 1.1.4 or 2.0 to create ISPW???
    Last edited by RiNo808; 2008-07-24 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dude, we're not leaving anything out. I have the bootloader files and I've worked on this for a solid 9 hours and I've got nothing to show for it.

do you have the correct update file?
    - For 2.0 only the *5A347_Restore.ipsw files are valid. The 345 image will not work

yeah dude, I am using 347. I just got back from class, so I'm gunna do a whole second round of fiddling with it. I'll let you know how it goes down.

Well, I did mess around for a while, and I still couldn't do anything! So, I finally came across an amazing guide that implements WinPwn 2.0.0.2 WHICH! according to modmyi.com has not been released. So, I downloaded it and it has been patched by the dev team so they worked out some bugs like creating ispw's. Furthermore, I was able to do everything and my iPhone is now running a pwnd 2.0 and I have wonderful T-Mobile reception. So without further ado, here's the ultimate iPhone/WinPwn PWNAGE GUIDE!

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows)
    Last edited by JB1ZZL3; 2008-07-25 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12