Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iphone.. pwnga ...comunity

Default 3G iphone.. pwnga ...comunity
    as i have read tru the internet y couldn't find an answer that may lead me to unlock the 3G... why?

well as you know when they post the pnwga tool 2.o there was a warning message that said.... don't try to use it with iphone 3G .... but my questions are the next ones:

Why i can't pwnage?
    Does the new pwnage 2.o1 can do it?
    what's the risk of doing it
    what are the pro's of pwnage?
    i it safe doing it?
    how much time does we have to wait to pwnage the 3G in a safe way?

thanks
    loving the mac life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You have to understand... in order to unlock the phone you must patch the baseband. In order to do this you have to crack the bootloader. In first generation iphones the bootlader was 3.9 and was easily cracked. Then OTB 1.1.2 phones came out with bootloader 4.6. It took 3 MONTHS to crack this... and instead of cracking it rather it was DOWNGRADED to 3.9 (or 3.9 fakeblank). The new 3G phones have a completely new bootloader version which must be bypassed before the phone can be unlocked. This is why pwnage doesn't unlock 3G's yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You have to understand... in order to unlock the phone you must patch the baseband. In order to do this you have to crack the bootloader. In first generation iphones the bootlader was 3.9 and was easily cracked. Then OTB 1.1.2 phones came out with bootloader 4.6. It took 3 MONTHS to crack this... and instead of cracking it rather it was DOWNGRADED to 3.9 (or 3.9 fakeblank). The new 3G phones have a completely new bootloader version which must be bypassed before the phone can be unlocked. This is why pwnage doesn't unlock 3G's yet.
    well i do understand more now that i did before but here is what is bugging me... why have people with 3G have allready pwnage there iphone?
    why does in the home page there is a way to tether your iphone 3g using programs from cydia?

could it i safe if i do pwnage my phone now?
    loving the mac life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Those 3g iphones are jailbroken (made to allow 3rd party applications installed on it) not unlocked (allowing another carrier). That help?

well let me get that right..... if i have att.. i can jailbreak it with out harm?

thanks
    loving the mac life.