Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Problem trying to RE-Pwnage iPhone 3G

Default Help! Problem trying to RE-Pwnage iPhone 3G
    i have a 16GB iPhone 3G. A couple of days ago, I successfully pwnage my iphone and was playing around with Cydia. Then my iPhone started to restart itself or shuts down when I download apps via Cydia and so I decided to re-pwn it again.

I restored my iPhone back to the original 2.0 and ran the pwnage app again. After building the custom firmware, I cant get my iphone to get into DFU mode, although following the instructions on pwnage 2.0.1, I was told that I had successfully entered DFU mode, but when i switch to iTunes, iTunes was unable to read my iPhone saying something like, "iTunes has detected a iPod but could not recognise it... blah blah blah...". (not really sure why it is being read as an ipod)

I Googled a little and found out that I could actually reuse the first custom firmware that I have created and by doing "Option + Restore", I could select the custom firmware, but this time I got "iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (6)." Searched Google again and was told to uninstall iTunes before trying again, but after uninstalling and reinstalling and trying for the last 8 hours, still no luck.

I am using pwnage 2.0.1, anyone know what went wrong or what should I do to re-pwn my iPhone again?

Thanks!
    Evan
    Last edited by evan_ad2000; 2008-07-23 at 04:54 PM.