Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage 2.0 dfu Problem

Default pwnage 2.0 dfu Problem
    Ok so i probably did a dumb thing. I had pwn'd to 2.0 using pwnage 2.0 on my friends mac. it is a first gen iphone. the problem is i didn't realize that i had no service cause it didn't activate properly(I am and AT&T customer) so after reading i saw that i needed to pwn it again. the problem is that friend left town the next morning after we got done pwning it which meant no mac. So i saw the guide on how to pwn with a pc so i downloaded that file and put my iphone into dfu mode and restored. It didnt finish and came up with an error(i cant remember the #). now i cant get it out of dfu mode, and have tried to restore to just the standard 2.0 and every time it fails and says error 1601. I need help getting this fixed as soon as possible!!! hopefully tonight. thanks, Jared

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    Ok so i probably did a dumb thing. I had pwn'd to 2.0 using pwnage 2.0 on my friends mac. it is a first gen iphone. the problem is i didn't realize that i had no service cause it didn't activate properly(I am and AT&T customer) so after reading i saw that i needed to pwn it again. the problem is that friend left town the next morning after we got done pwning it which meant no mac. So i saw the guide on how to pwn with a pc so i downloaded that file and put my iphone into dfu mode and restored. It didnt finish and came up with an error(i cant remember the #). now i cant get it out of dfu mode, and have tried to restore to just the standard 2.0 and every time it fails and says error 1601. I need help getting this fixed as soon as possible!!! hopefully tonight. thanks, Jared
    I got it. Right after i posted this i rembered way back when i was on 1.1.1 a post that said if all else fails just hold the power, and home button and see if it will reset itself out of whatever you did to it.
    Last edited by jaredb03; 2008-07-23 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost