Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If anyone knows what they are doing.... This is probably really simple.. please.

Default If anyone knows what they are doing.... This is probably really simple.. please.
    I have a question... maybe you all can help.

I have a 3g iPhone that I jailbroke with Pwnage 2.0... Everything works perfectly... Perfectly!! no issues what so ever... I am now wanting to change the Boot screen... to something besides the Pineapple... I have made my own custom boot screen and recovery screen... dropped it in Pwnage.. Pwnage acepted them with no problems.. and created a new custom_restore.ipsw file on my desktop.

Since my iPhone is already Pwned.. I click the approriate answer in Pwnage.. it then told me to close Pwnage, and restore through iTunes using the custom_restore.ipsw

Now... If I do this... It will (hopefully ) obviously Jailbreak my iPhone 3g again, and Be essentially "Stock", Jailbroken, and have Cydia installed... nothing else...

So then... Here's my main question (finally!! ) Can I then Restore from a Backup".. and get EVERYTHING I currently have loaded back on my iPhone? Apps from the AppStore... Apps from Cydia, Custom Carrier Images, Custom System Sounds (lock, unlock, charging, etc.) Settings, etc... Will I get EVERYTHING restored from the backup?? Does itunes make a COMPLETE backup when it Backs up???

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The apps from appstore might be included in a backup but iTunes won't save anything you've done with cydia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

ride (2008-07-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The apps from appstore might be included in a backup but iTunes won't save anything you've done with cydia.
    So that would mean I would loose Custom Carrier Images, the Custom Sounds etc?? right??

Thanks!!!! (thanked!)

*****ALSO... Is that the ONLY way to change the Boot image??? is there not a folder I can add it to via SSH???
    Last edited by ride; 2008-07-23 at 03:33 AM.