Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Custom Logo's not working?

Default Pwnage Custom Logo's not working?
    I do everything to the requirement under 100kb and PNG but every time I go to browse and select the image it errors. anyone know how to fix it I really want a custom boot logo.

the same thing is happening to me what i found out is that if i change image mode to grayscale it will work

errr i really would want it colored =[ that's the whole point..

Crazy stuff. I hope somebody from the DEV team sees this. I followed the restrictions to a T but I think that the new files has to be less than the 100 kb suggestion. I've got a couple to work at 86 and 88 kb.

same here im at like 86k please fix this dev team..

It's not just a regular PNG, it has to have an alpha channel.

how do u put the alpha channel?

Is there anyway to add a custom boot screen to a Jailbroken iPhone without having to use pwnage again to make a new .ipsw file?????

Maybe adding the custom boot image to a specific folder on the iPhone using SSH or sFTP???

Ride, there is no way yet. Maybe never.

Enphekt, you need to use a program like Gimp (free for pc- just make sure that you download the zip file for "save for web" and place that .exe file in the appropriate folder- "read me" instructions will tell you where) or use Photoshop. Create a new file 320x480 pixels with the background as a transparency. Then copy and paste whatever graphic/picture you want to that. JUST MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS A BORDER OF THE TRANSPARENCY ALL THE WAY AROUND. I did this by making the graphic a lot smaller. Then "save for web" as a .png-24 and that should work. The only time these worked for me though is when the total size was about 80-85. I hope this helps you guys.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to swinger360 For This Useful Post:

ride (2008-07-23)

so ima have to repwnge my iPhone? I wonder if I can get gimp for mac? thanx ima try later when I get home..

I just made a quick tutorial... it should work - check it out here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...ot-images.html

Thanks

Don't blame the dev team for your mistakes, it works fine. After messing with it for a while i figured that a 200x200, 100k .png is perfect. I made one, you can use it here:

doesn't work. pwnage still doesn't load the boot logo.

got it 200x200
    gracias!
    Last edited by pcuserforever; 2008-07-23 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

err it didnt work..

Guys I just did the create a new image in Photoshop at 320x480 with transparency , selected my image did a 1 pixel reduction, and saved it as a PNG 24 and it still would not accept it.

HOWEVER.. I just did an image size and set it to 90% and then did a save and PWANGE ACCEPTED IT!!!!