Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Maps location not working after pwnage...

Default Maps location not working after pwnage...
    Hello,

Yesterday I updated my phone and pwned it, everything works great (thanks Dev team) except for the maps location... it just keep looking for my location but never finds it....
    Is anyone having this issue?
    Do you think I should restore my phone?

Thnks!

I don't own an iphone but I do have an ipod touch that's been pwned with 2.0.. I got the same problem with you.. I doubt we have to restore since i've done it 3 times.. and neither of them worked..

The first time I went into maps after pwning my iPhone 2G, I experienced the same thing... after a restart or two though, and maybe a sync, the location feature seams to work again!

did that resolve the problem with the others? im getting same problem

syncing / restarting doesn't seem to make any difference for me. I've been running for about a week and have restarted / synced a number of times. Also tried reloading the firmware but still no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?? Really loving new software but this is starting to bug me...

sometimes turning off location services and going back into maps to do a search to turn it back on ... somtimes finds where im at

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well what I have found is that when I hit the location button it just turns and turns but when I do a search for some reason it finds everything around me. But when I click "directions to here", it says loading forever and never maps.....1st gen pwned 2..0.1

ya, same here!! just pwned my iphone 2G and ipod touch to 2.0.1, they both can't find "current location" via Wifi NOW!

but interestingly, my iphone 2G can find "current location" with Edge data network!! maybe something wrong with the Wifi setting?

same thing here, works great on edge, just not wifi, maybe it's always been like that...

Otherwise phone working great on pwned 2.0.1

Default solution
    I have the solution... ssh into the phone, replace the "CoreLocation.framework" folder in your pwned 2.0.1 with the one from 2.0, use bossprefs to fix permissions ... works like a charm.... back to the excellent accuracy from 2.0
    N.B. I am in the states... on a 2g phone YMMV do this at your own risk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dtheory For This Useful Post:

imovaherenow (2008-08-11)

where can i get the corelocation.framework folder from 2.0?

Thanks

Interesting that it does not work on wifi. This may explain whey when I show a very low wifi signal, Safari will freeze and stop loading a page. Could it be a problem with the phone reverting back to edge from wifi? Well for teh SAafari issue, but as far as Maps current location, could it be that EDGE totally shuts off when wifi is on? In other words a malfunction with Location Services?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had your problem at first, but all I did was switched off my phone and switch it back on again. Then loaded maps and everythign seems to work. I also tried using the locateme with other apps from appstore such as Where and LocalPicks

Last night, after Pwning to 2.0.1, it seemed like Locate Me was broken.

Now it's working fine.

Works fine on Edge but wont locate me on WIFI, anyone that the CoreLocation.framework" folder they can share from 2.0 that worked

Thanks all
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by dtheory View Post
    I have the solution... ssh into the phone, replace the "CoreLocation.framework" folder in your pwned 2.0.1 with the one from 2.0, use bossprefs to fix permissions ... works like a charm.... back to the excellent accuracy from 2.0
    N.B. I am in the states... on a 2g phone YMMV do this at your own risk

can you post the file..

Thanks

I also have the same problem. I would appreciate the needed files as well!

Best regards.

Okay got the files from here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...-can-help.html

But where do I need to put them on my 3G ?!

Update 2 ;-) and FIXED my Location Problem!

I deleted the complete folder from my 2.01 and uploaded the complete folder in:

System/Library/Frameworks

I then did the permission fix via BossPrefs

Now my Map Location works again as it did before the pwnage
    Last edited by rosenkrieger; 2008-08-11 at 07:06 PM.

it didnt really work with mine but here's the link to 2.0 core location

http://www.rapidhare.com/files/13662...ework.zip.html

Thanks

What worked for me was to toggle Location Services off and on, turn off wifi and 3G. However on the last upgrade maps only began to work after I used the phone. Calling your voicemail or even your own number will suffice. The first time maps locates you it will take a very long time. Turning off 3 G helps only if you are having one of those wacky 3G signal moments like showing 5 bars yet not really having a connection.