Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PWNAGE unlock and 2.0 worked but not apps!

Red face PWNAGE unlock and 2.0 worked but not apps!
    I updated to 2.0 with pwnage after unsuccessful SIM cards as I am in Paris traveling. So the SIM now works with this but when I downloaded apps from the app store, NONE of them work. I click on myspace for example, it starts to load and bounces back to home screen. HELP please!
    Last edited by Mathieu Bitton; 2008-07-21 at 02:36 AM.

i am having the same problem, the only apps that work are the main ones like safari ans mail
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Bitton View Post
    I updated to 2.0 with pwnage after unsuccessful SIM cards as I am in Paris traveling. So the SIM now works with this but when I downloaded apps from the app store, NONE of them work. I click on myspace for example, it starts to load and bounces back to home screen. HELP please!
    Try restoring as new user instead of your old restore name. after that download one app and see if it opens i knows restoring is annoying but without the apps your out in the cold.

I had this same problem, what you need to do is once you click install you need to wait for it to install completely and not open any other app. be patient, once its installed open it and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by azadnia View Post
    I had this same problem, what you need to do is once you click install you need to wait for it to install completely and not open any other app. be patient, once its installed open it and it should work.
    I am also experiencing the same problem.

I don't understand what you're saying here azadnia. Install what? Which install button, Cydia or Appstore?

I jailbroke my phone just to see what it's like. If you're wondering, there are very few applications, none of which are useful to the everyday iphone user. Now my Appstore applications are broken and I'm going to try to restore tonight. I really wish i had backgammon right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnage 2.0 Problem View Post
    [B]Appstore Downloads Won't Open after using Pwnage 2.0.x/Appstore programs crash after opening[B]
    I solved this problem by redownloading a single app (from the app store) and running it. Now all my other programs appear to work as well.

HOWEVER, the only program I paid for (Backgammon) did not work. It continued to open and then crash shut before loading the main menu. I had to redownload that as well.

Everything appears to be working fine now. I still would not recommend jailbreaking because there are no benefits for the average user right now.
    Last edited by jweinograd; 2008-07-23 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost