Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WINDOWS iPhone 3G Jailbreak

I can't get the torrent to download. I already have a custom firmware file. I just need the other file x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw Anyone have a mirror for it?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

can I downgrade 3g iphone to 1.1.4 and unlock it?

Here you go: x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw

My problem persists. Anyone know what is causing me to get no signal? I'm a genuine ATT customer.
    Last edited by xecutionx; 2008-07-21 at 08:16 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutionx For This Useful Post:

dirtybird1977 (2008-07-21)

Quote Originally Posted by xecutionx View Post

My problem persists. Anyone know what is causing me to get no signal? I'm a genuine ATT customer.
    are you using the provided firmware? You probably are, but I know if people build their own firmware then they have had problems.

Quote Originally Posted by xecutionx View Post

you should delete the two files off of your computer, restore your iphone thru itunes the official way, then restart your computer, redownload the files, then repwn your iphone.

This worked for me on windows vista 32bit have not tested everything but it seems to be ok.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

100% CONFIRMED

Running windows vista ultimate and just hacked the phone with the method.

EDIT:
    Its been updateing cydia forever...is this ok?
    Last edited by CobraSVT; 2008-07-21 at 10:41 PM.
    -Cobra

It should only take Cydia a couple minutes to update. You might want to check your Wifi connection. After you jailbreak your phone you have to enter the security passwords again for Wifi and voicemail. I'm no expert but hopefully that will help. It worked for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if you happen to run into any problems like no signal or errors when trying to restore with the custom firmware just do a restore through itunes with the official firmware then follow the instructions all over again

I was having error 1601 and then error 6 and got my iPhone 3G stuck in DFU mode but then i did a restore with official apple firmware and tried the guide all over again and now i have a jailbroken iPhone 3G with SSH

Yes, it works.

Anyone want a more detailed guide? I'm willing to do a write up for those interested.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn...Error 1600 - what the ****??

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
    Damn...Error 1600 - what the ****??
    Quoting myself because I'm a tool.

I see a Pineapple on my iPhone
    Last edited by Bleeditout2130; 2008-07-22 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i need help!!

i just tried to restore my iphone 3G to jailbreak it and i keep getting unknown error occured (1601).

i tried to restore it back to factory settings and it came back up.

What can i do to fix this problem. HELP ME PLEASEE!!

Are you positive the phone was in DFU mode when you attempted to restore?
    View this youtube video for proper instructions: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk]YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode[/ame]

Mine worked. Yeah make sure you are in DFU mode. I failed first time to put in DFU mode and tried again.

Anyways i want to find out if there are any programs to toggle Openssh

Quote Originally Posted by ixbilalxi View Post
    Mine worked. Yeah make sure you are in DFU mode. I failed first time to put in DFU mode and tried again.

Anyways i want to find out if there are any programs to toggle Openssh
    Nope none yet, I'm in the same boat as you.

It works 100% I had a problem with no cell signal the first time but I just restored with the official FW and then went through the steps again with the custom FW and everything works great. Just waiting for some apps to be ported for 2.0

Hey guys if you are listening please get Snapture working for 2.0 I really miss my camera app on steroids.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

as i posted in other thread. i did this method. everything works great. even ssh.

64bit Vista sp1
    1.1.4 8 gig --> 1.2.0

results.

If you follow the instructions word for word it simply works

Awesome work..clear instructions and easy to follow...worked flawlessly for me. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123