Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No installer App after Pwnage to 2.0

Default No installer App after Pwnage to 2.0
    Hi all,

in a 1G iPhone, I upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0 with no issues.
    I have Cydia but not the installer app. Should I restart again the whole process or is there a way to get Installer app?

Thanks all.
    R.-

cydia has taken over from installer so its not available for fw 2.0 its not a fault

all you have to do is what for the installer apps to be rewritten so they work with 2.0. cydia is better anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JTopaz For This Useful Post:

producte (2008-07-20)

I have the same problem.

Once I synced my phone to my itunes, installer dissapeared?

its not a fault. installer is non existant anymore

I have the same problem.

Once I synced my phone to my itunes, installer dissapeared?

Solution?

Thanks, JTopaz, I didn't know. I suppose seeing the Installer App icon during the Pwnage process made me think it was still valid.

R.-
    Last edited by producte; 2008-07-20 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

nope installer is gone. Use Cydia. It's basicly the same. And remember theres not all the same apps avialible for 2.0 as there were for 1.1.4. People are hard at work makeing them work for the new software.

In general, I would suggest at least reading a little about these jailbreak/unlocking tools before you go ahead and use them. It's been stated publicly by the dev team that Cydia would be available right away, whereas Installer would not.

They're working on a much more bullet-proof Installer system, so you will no longer be able to mistakenly install apps that don't work with your current firmware version (among other improvements).

Installer is not gone forever. They are working on a 4.0 release that will be compatible with FW2.0.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!