Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage 2.0, If you get stuck at the DFU screen...

Exclamation pwnage 2.0, If you get stuck at the DFU screen...
    You know how it creates the new firmware on your desktop?

well go to finder ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

ok when you are in the pwnage tool, after u have found the firmware, and then the bootloaders, it makes the NEW firmware and saves it on your desktop, then it says failed because not in DFU, then you close pwnage tool, find the firmware in the location stated above, delete it, then put the new firmware (Which should be on your desktop) in the place of the original firmware you just deleted, then go to itunes and click update.

i have had no problems, and the APP STORE is AMAZING!! if you found this helpful thank me =), if there is any questions ask..
    Last edited by zues79; 2008-07-20 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Made a little more clearer

I dont have a folder that is called iphone software updates, but i made one and put the custom firmware in it but i still am getting stuck at the DFU.

ok im pretty sure u have to have itunes 7.7 do u have that"?

if u do it should have already had that folder, but if not, try hitting update in itunes after you plugged your iphone in, make sure you put the custom firmware into the folder first!

Default I was in dfu..
    My problem is that I upgraded to the 2.0 software, thinking it would work. However, I do not have an at&t Sim Card, so itunes will not let me activate it. So My ipod is stuck in DFU Mode, and ipwnage keeps stopping on the enter dfu screen and saying it has failed. Any ideas?

this is super NOT clear. Should i choose that firmware in pwnage? Or just click retore and update in itunes? PLEASE REPLY

Quote Originally Posted by Tree View Post
    My problem is that I upgraded to the 2.0 software, thinking it would work. However, I do not have an at&t Sim Card, so itunes will not let me activate it. So My ipod is stuck in DFU Mode, and ipwnage keeps stopping on the enter dfu screen and saying it has failed. Any ideas?
    i hope you mean your iphone and not your ipod, if so u wouldnt need a sim card but you should downgrade your itunes, and then restore your iphone..

Quote Originally Posted by luqven View Post
    this is super NOT clear. Should i choose that firmware in pwnage? Or just click retore and update in itunes? PLEASE REPLY
    ok when you are in the pwnage tool, after u have found the firmware, and then the bootloaders, it makes the NEW firmware and saves it on your desktop, then it says failed because not in DFU, then you close pwnage tool, find the firmware in the location stated above, delete it, then put the new firmware (Which should be on your desktop) in the place of the original firmware you just deleted, then go to itunes and click update.

F.Y.I
    if you try to use the new firmware in the pwnage tool, it wont let u.

if it needs to be more clear let me know i am glad to help... just hit me up with a thanks or something
    Last edited by zues79; 2008-07-20 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When i do exactly what you do a message comes up on itunes saying that theres an error (6). So now what do i do?

Thanks

When i do exactly what you do a message comes up on itunes saying that theres an error (6). So now what do i do?

Thanks
    Last edited by ROHAN D; 2008-07-20 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OOOO, thanks. but that did not work, i restarted my computer and it finally let me go into restore mode right through pwnage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey do i need to put my iphone in recovery mode, and hold down the option key when i press update, as it says on the tutorial of the pwng? or just change the file in the update folder go to itunes and click update?

Quote Originally Posted by ljpn View Post
    hey do i need to put my iphone in recovery mode, and hold down the option key when i press update, as it says on the tutorial of the pwng? or just change the file in the update folder go to itunes and click update?

put it in DFU mode, hook up the iphone turn it completely off, hold the power button and the home key, and when the apple comes up let go of the power button, and keep holding on to the home key till the itunes logo pops up then its in dfu mode

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zues79 For This Useful Post:

ljpn (2008-07-21)

I just write it once more ^^:
    run pwnagetool with your iphone UNCONNECTED and it will work. you will not get an error and pwnagetool will guide you into dfu mode.
    or, if you know how to get into dfu mode, just close pwnagetool after it created the IPSW file, put your phone into dfu mode and restore it using the custom firmware that was just made.

regards

I get error 6 when I do the above..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks bro, now i got it, 2.0=awesome..

YESSSSS Ive got 2.0