Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I install OPENSSH on 2.0?

Default How can I install OPENSSH on 2.0?
    Hey Folks,

I upped from 1.1.4 to 2.0 and I dont have installer (i have Cydia) and i dont have openssh? How can I get it on there?

-joey
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg

open cydia; go to install; go to all packages; go to openssh; click on install...

Quote Originally Posted by luiz View Post
    open cydia; go to install; go to all packages; go to openssh; click on install...
    Hey Luiz.

When I go into Cydia, install - all packages - it's empty...? Is that normal? I was thinking it's like that cause cause the DEV TEAM didn't come up with any apps to install yet cause 2.0 was newly hacked...

What should I do?

PwageTool and install Cydia over again? If so, would that erase or lock my phone again?
    -Joey

u gotta be connected to wifi when u open cydia so that it can refresh sources...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to luiz For This Useful Post:

kurle (2008-07-20)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    Hey Luiz.

When I go into Cydia, install - all packages - it's empty...? Is that normal? I was thinking it's like that cause cause the DEV TEAM didn't come up with any apps to install yet cause 2.0 was newly hacked...

What should I do?

PwageTool and install Cydia over again? If so, would that erase or lock my phone again?
    -Joey
    Like Luiz said, go to Cydia, Changes and then hit the refresh button at the top left. Then do a search for OpenSSH. Let us know how it goes!

Hey Folks.

I am deff connected wifi - however when I click on the Cydia and install it shows me on the top left "error downloading..." could it be my Cydia is corrupted, if so, how can i fix it?

-Joey

here's the error

"CANNOT LOCATE PACKAGE

The package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources"...

So what should i do?
    -Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-07-20 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same problem and i thought my wifi was working but i guess it hadn't been. I'm having issues with wifi. Anyhow, when wifi was working for a time, the list of installable...programs(?) was not empty.

It's sure I'm connected to the net cause I been surfing and messing with it... I think its Cydia, cause now I see some stuff loading...for example when I click on "feature package" I see image (quite large along with the links) the list is as follows;

1. GCC (image) - iPhone/GCC (link)
    2. Java Cup (image) - iPhone/Java
    3. Terminal (image) - Mobile Terminal (soft of)...

and so on.

When i click on OPENSSH which is an image of some fat sushi dude, it brings me to a blank screen and nothing loads.

When i click on the Install i get the following list;

ALL PACKAGES
    GAMES
    PLANET-IPHONES MODS
    TWEAKS

again no OPENSSH...

What do to, any thoughts, could it be that OPENSSH is not loaded on the CYDIA app? How can I find out for sure? Lastly - should I reload the CYDIA app, but im not sure how to do so moreover Im afraid that it would reformat my iphone and so on...

Let me know plz.
    -Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-07-20 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cydia is also empty ... also v1.2!

I was using it for ages on v1.1.4 ... so I do know what I am doing.

After an hour or so, I checked back, and it upgraded with an "Essential Upgrade"

Since then, it is 100%

So - what do I do??

-Joey

Did you check to see if it was already installed? I checked and the firmware I have installed it automaticlly. It might be the same for you check under manage.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercyberjedi View Post
    Did you check to see if it was already installed? I checked and the firmware I have installed it automaticlly. It might be the same for you check under manage.
    hey Dude.

It's not already installed on my iphone - man it's tripping me out, is there a way to reformat or reinstall Cydia? Could it be in the possible that during the pwanage something went wrong? If so - how can I fix that?

-joey

Thanks

When you FIRST opened Cydia after upgrading, did you perform the Cydia upgrade? If not, do so and then restart your iPhone. Once you've passed that point you ought to find OpenSSH in a search of All Packages.

If at last you can't proceed, pwn, pwn again.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    When i click on OPENSSH which is an image of some fat sushi dude, it brings me to a blank screen and nothing loads.
    Is that image inside Cydia or on your springboard? I have no icon for OpenSSH anywheres
    Last edited by diddyknack; 2008-07-21 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cydia has a cydia package installer. Just reinstall cydia from there.

I am installing my openSSH, says its installed, but I tried to reinstall because it wasn't working when i tried to connect to it. It just sits at the "Setting up openssh (4.7p1-5) ..." forever.

Got Open SSH installed with Cydia on jailbroke 2.0. RSA Host Key changed so I wasn't able to access via Terminal but I did get in with CyberDuck

Now running NES Emulator for 2.0!!! Thanks BigBoss.
    Last edited by silborscht; 2008-07-22 at 06:43 AM. Reason: More Success